Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning, which is much better than most of my recent readings and I think especially so as at 11.30 last night it was 6.2. This was a reading 2 hours after a late start to supper and then I was under 5 - only just, mind you (4.9). That was probably down to another very active day walking (again 6 miles and 12,000+ steps). Now if only I could achieve numbers like that with some carbs in my diet!

Reactions: 23 people

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.

cazza54

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Turnips and Tuna fish!
6.4 this morning after being 6.8 on going to bed last night.

Quick question - if you have two meters and one reads higher than the other constantly, which would you go by on a day by day basis? I need new strips and am not sure which meter to continue using.

Reactions: 11 people
M

mojo37

Last night went to bed feeling a little odd and very tired.
This morning out of bed at 7 a.m and tested ....
6.1. that's high for me. Strange blotches on my neck very tired went back to bed just got up at 2pm .... red blotches still there feeling very tired tested .....4.5.
But 6.1 this morning .... very high for me after months of fours and fives,
Hope u get back to your fours and fives soon

Reactions: 7 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I think the one that reads the highest and you are most comfortable using if your not sure ask you Diabetic nurse. Do you pay for your strips?

Reactions: 2 people

cazza54

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Turnips and Tuna fish!
I think the one that reads the highest and you are most comfortable using if your not sure ask you Diabetic nurse. Do you pay for your strips?

My doctor's surgery provides a certain amount of strips on prescription, but it is not as many as I like to use, so I have to supplement by buying some myself. Last time I went, the nurse said I needed to change to a meter that uses cheaper strips next time. So I bought a Code Free online as that is the cheapest I believe. However, it consistently reads higher than my Aviva nano.

Reactions: 4 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning, which is much better than most of my recent readings and I think especially so as at 11.30 last night it was 6.2. This was a reading 2 hours after a late start to supper and then I was under 5 - only just, mind you (4.9). That was probably down to another very active day walking (again 6 miles and 12,000+ steps). Now if only I could achieve numbers like that with some carbs in my diet!
Hola @vit90
Depending on how briskly you are walking and what carbs you were thinking of you could probably get away with it.(NOT a license to scoff a creme egg and then go for a walk!)
Do you know your heart rate during the walks and bs levels before and after?

chancellors

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning one & all here is my reading on this nice bright morning in sunny Exeter, @ 08:31 it was 5.7, have a good day.

Reactions: 20 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Quick question - if you have two meters and one reads higher than the other constantly, which would you go by on a day by day basis? I need new strips and am not sure which meter to continue using.

It really dosent matter all that much, whats important is the trend.

Reactions: 11 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hola @cazza54
Is there a big difference between the 2 - if not go with whichever you feel the most comfortable with.
It's a bit like bathroom scales in that you weigh X on your own scales but go round a friend's house and you weigh y. Have you lost or gained weight - no.
Now if you knew that one was 100 % accurate then the choice is easy whereas blood meters only have to comply to the quality standards as described in your manual.

Reactions: 6 people

Lěêşë

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars,
Haven't Done my Bg for a week or so and it was 8.6 .This seems to be 'Normal' for me when I wake up.

Reactions: 8 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. My fasting reading this morning was 6.8 after a bedtime reading of 5.7.

Reactions: 15 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning campers

6.7 fasting. Can sense quite a bit of joie de vive on the thread this morning.

Here's to a good day all.

Reactions: 17 people
S

Sable_Jan

4.5 !!! Fasting after eating hazelnuts at bedtime. Only got walnuts left now.... Rarely have FOURS and never in a row....surely the nuts can no longer be deemed coincidence?....interesting to say the least. Did you try them @Susikav?

Reactions: 21 people
S

Sable_Jan

Been behaving as though just on a diet and then conformed to type...naughty eating 'start again tomorrow' all those blooming excuses that got me here in the first place DENIAL. So re-purchased some testing strips yeasterday afternoon, today I start regular testing and flipping well take control! That's me telling myself off in public.
We'll done for the public confession..... Looking forward to seeing your lower numbers. Remember...fasting is usually the last to toe the line. Welcomed the thread :)

Reactions: 13 people
Status
Not open for further replies.