What should I be giving my newly diagnosed daughter for supper and what are safe bloods to go asleep

Stacey_c

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My daughter is newly diagnosed age 7 what should she be going bed on I'm at the moment giving her weetabix she is allowed 25g carbs in boloused

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Good idea to have a 10g carb snack before bed if bs are lower than 7 if you are not certain of overnight trends

Reactions: 2 people

Stacey_c

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been giving her porridge with soya milk it makes up around 10g carbs xxx she seems to wake around 6 is this ok xx

Reactions: 4 people

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
I am happy if my BS is 6 on waking. Everybody has different ideals but 6 is safe enough in my opinion

Reactions: 6 people

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Yeah be careful If she is waking with low readings. As annoying as it is a couple of 3am readings would be good. Just so you can see the overnight trends

Stacey_c

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i did at first do the 3 am readings it seemed to be what ever they were she would wake similar x would she drop further x

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
It's good if the 3 am readings are in range and not hypo
Shows your basal is ok and that your not seeing a bad dawn phenomenon resulting in odd waking readings
If readings are low on waking and low at 3 am then a small basal reduction might help. What time do you do the basal injection??