Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrylizard1314

Just came back from Brunch - only lasted six hours, this year. In the past, I have known it go on until the small hours. I think I managed to pace myself pretty well, although I did look on the wine when it was red - and also a very nice Rosé. It was a most enjoyable day, with much laughter and reminiscences. And , of course there was too much food. Luckily, several of the younger ones are athletes, so it wasn't too hard to find suitable things to eat, as provision had been made for their dietary requirements and I just sampled those. None of my friends are aware of my condition - there did not ever seem to be an opportunity to discuss it, and now, if I get to the end of the ND and achieve normality there won't be a reason to, in any case. And some of my friends have enough to cope with in their own lives, so I am not feeling guilty about withholding what might only be another stressor. You can tell I've had four glasses of wine, can't you?
Thank you for the forgiveness, Pasha dear. Next weekend is given over to the ANZAC commemoration ceremonies, so not much gallivanting then. Just tested BGL - 5.6 - I am amazed.

Reactions: 13 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
5.8 for me......still prefer my lower range of 5!
Bedtime was 5.4 so about my norm range for overnight
I was 5.2 before dinner (steak, mushrooms and salad), raspberries and double cream, did my second bike session afterwards, two hours post dinner was 5.9:)
Still going well though kimbo......keep pedalling.

Reactions: 6 people

Merrylizard1314

And for those in the real world. What's the profs prediction for a birthday high tea?View attachment 13101
@Baruney, I always treat birthdays like sundials where only the sunny hours are counted - I always eat the birthday cake, and count it as a Life Experience that will not come again for that cake, and that birthday. A bit philosophical, I know, but it works for me. And I never eat anything else on that day ( the downside ).

Reactions: 7 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 late this morning..... after a 7.6 last night.... there was no wine.... just more carbs than was sensible... feeling hung over this morning.....

Reactions: 13 people
S

Sable_Jan

Good morning all. 5.9 this morning after a 5.5 bedtime reading.

That's only my 4th under 6 fasting reading since I started testing on the 1st February. I experimented last night with a very small glass of red wine just before I went to bed and I will continue with the experiment all this week. I don't normally drink on a regular basis but I've seen some posts that indicate a glass of red wine can help in the battle with lowering BS. However, I do wonder if maybe it's cheating a little.
Not so long ago yoy were in the teens if I remember rightly. We'll done. Am sure my 4.?s were down to bedtime nuts. How can it be cheating? We're good all day because of what we eat and drink....wine or nuts at bedtime still food ans drink :)

Reactions: 2 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning!

Discovered that a pair of falcon's started nesting across the street. Explains the sudden lack of song birds in the area and the drop in squirrel sightings.

Here's a shot of one of them about 25m up in the tree.
17190280132_1f7c509749_c.jpg

On a happy note, spring started up in this part of the world, trees are starting to bud!
Have a great day everyone!!
17009552068_a9af50977e_c.jpg

Reactions: 21 people
S

Sable_Jan

I can't honestly say that I really enjoyed the red wine, I just glugged it over much like some medication! It was only just over 100ml so I reckon the full bottle will last a week then I'll decide whether to keep it up.
And then mayb find a red more to your palate ;)

S

Sable_Jan

So many post to read I almost forgot mine.... 5.1..... Almost in the FOURS again...... Not quite enough nuts left...

Reactions: 17 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
19/4 - 4.3
18/4 - 4.8
17/4 - 4.6

Haven't been posting much as the last few weeks have been a struggle. I was down with a high temperature for a week and don't think I have totally recovered. Generally been feeling down mentally as well which hasn't helped. Haven't run since 29/3 which hasn't helped either.

One positive outcome of the flu was that it dropped my weight by a further 2 kg so down to 62kg. Blood sugar levels have been as per the normal trend but my BP has been lower. Over the past week I have had the following readings:

103/62
97/63
102/68
115/72
101/66
93/59
93/56

My average BP is 120/70

Not sure if i should be concerned and see my GP or whether it's as a result of my state of mind.

Reactions: 14 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
19/4 - 4.3
18/4 - 4.8
17/4 - 4.6

Haven't been posting much as the last few weeks have been a struggle. I was down with a high temperature for a week and don't think I have totally recovered. Generally been feeling down mentally as well which hasn't helped. Haven't run since 29/3 which hasn't helped either.

One positive outcome of the flu was that it dropped my weight by a further 2 kg so down to 62kg. Blood sugar levels have been as per the normal trend but my BP has been lower. Over the past week I have had the following readings:

103/62
97/63
102/68
115/72
101/66
93/59
93/56

My average BP is 120/70

Not sure if i should be concerned and see my GP or whether it's as a result of my state of mind.

Be well soon S K S,

one mistake withe detail in BMI, today is 19 th April ,not 19 th May

Reactions: 8 people

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
6.3 this morning, happy with that but know my body is out of sync due to nightshift.

Reactions: 15 people
Status
Not open for further replies.