slimfast...

samcogle

Can us diabetics use slimfast? i notice it has sugar in it but apart from that seems ok so was wondering??

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Sam.
The Slim Fast offerings comprise the following:

Optima - Shakes (Ready-to-Drink), Bars, Smoothies, and Powders
Original - Shakes (Ready-to-Drink), Bars, Smoothies, and Powders
High Protein - Shakes and Meal Bars

A typical shake (Optima Cappuccino Delight) contains the following:

5g Fat
24g Carbohydrate
10g Protein
180 Calories
24 Vitamins and Minerals

Depends on how many carbs you can tolerate.

Ken.

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Sam,
What Ken has shown is typical of most of the slimfast range mainly high carb, I've found the site showing the nutritional values of all their products, not checked them all but a few are listed for a lower carb diet. The best appears to be Vanilla Cream shake at only 4g carbs per 340g serving that should be Ok :D

http://caloriecount.about.com/slim-fast ... rition-m87

Cheers
Graham

ma5on

Hi Sam

Tesco do a range of ready made low carb meal replacement shakes....they might be worth checking out as they have about 5g or so of carbs......

I keep some in the fridge for when I've been naughty but need to pull it back! :roll:

ma5on

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Why not just buy some protein powder from a body building site and make your own shakes? Works out much cheaper, and youcan get sugar free flavoured protein powder...

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Patch said:
Why not just buy some protein powder from a body building site and make your own shakes? Works out much cheaper, and youcan get sugar free flavoured protein powder...

I buy soya protein from the health store, & add about 20 g to a lot of food mixes. That is equivalent to about 100 g meat or cheese.

samcogle

Thanks all, I found a couple of tins at the back of my cupboard when I was having a clear out. They are still in date so was wondering if I can use them. I will check the carb on them as I can't tolerate a lot. The only food option at work today was a baked potato and I am now well regretting it and feel drunk :?

shandromeda

Dislikes
grumpy people
Hi been reading through this thread so is that a yes to using Slimfast,i have a full tin i bought thats still in date too but when i asked my Diabetic nurse if i could use it she said no this stuff is no good for diabetics so its still sitting in my cupboard,but i don't want to waste it,will it made my sugars go up or is it a case of test and see,shan x

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
Well babe. I read through this and I think the concensus is NO.
Like most of these things it is just to make money. Tastes c**p and doesn't do a great deal. Just eat healthy and fresh stuff but in small quantities. Save your money and still lose that weight. Like slimming clubs, pay a lot of money to do something you can do yourself for free. Mind you there will always be someone who swears by the things.

D.

shandromeda

Dislikes
grumpy people
Thank you Dipsticky,i am losing weight the healthy way but seems i'd got a tin from awhile ago but still in date i didn't want to chuck it out if i could use it up but off to the bin it goes,i'd all ready asked my mates if they wanted it but no, :) shan x

deadwood2

Re: Ultimate slimfast recipes...

1)
Mix slimfast 8:1 with water
Apply to cracks in plaster work
Sand down before applying paint.

2)
Mix slimfast with water in any proportion you like.
Throw down drain.
Pour G&T, relax :lol: :lol:

samcogle

Re: Ultimate slimfast recipes...

deadwood2 said:
1)
Mix slimfast 8:1 with water
Apply to cracks in plaster work
Sand down before applying paint.

2)
Mix slimfast with water in any proportion you like.
Throw down drain.
Pour G&T, relax :lol: :lol:
but won't it block the drain? :lol:
mmmm G&T and baked potato with butter!

deadwood2

Not if you chuck enough water down first...

The slimfast, that is. Slices of lemon and line are better in the recycling bin...