Not open for further replies.

Bewildered

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast, fried egg x 1, mushrooms and cherry toms
Lunch, burger and salad
Dinner, pork, cauli, broccoli, runner beans ( same as yesterday)
Snack 2 sq 85% choc

And I tried making the oopsie bread and almond bread - such a wonderful granddaughter I am, I made this for my nan as she has had a high hba1c reading and can't have her operation until she's sorted. Bless her she thinks that giving up sugar in her tea is enough (89yrs old, diagnosed 2 yrs ago). So I sampled a bit of each, and the verdict is that we both prefer the almond, but the oopsie will do! Thank you to this site for the recipes.

Reactions: 4 people

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Yesterday:

B: scrambled eggs with onion, cheese and mushroom.
L: pizza express aubergine mezalane, 1 glass white wine.
D: home made (by my sister) duck curry, cauliflower rice. 1 glass wine (a lot of wine today as I was having a rare day away from the babies). I did then eat a small handful of m&ms though.

Today:
B: 2 sausage and egg mcmuffins, eating as little of the muffin itself as possible. Fair bit of walking after that.
L: celeriac spaghetti with tuna, tomatoes, mussels, tuna, red pepper, spring onion (see photo).
Dinner will probably be either salady, or something eggy with broccoli on the side.

View attachment 13084
Oh melezana, that sounds like a good idea.

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Bacon, 2 fried eggs.
L. 1 square sausage, was gonna have scrambled egg but pan was too hot so they started to set straight away therefore ended up with dryfried eggs again :rolleyes:.
really hungry waiting for hubby to get home, had cleaned the deep fat fryer so thought i should test it ;). Had about 10 crinkle cut chips.
D. Chicken breast, cauli rice, curried cauli, few peas carrots n sweetcorn. Bg post 2 hr 6.9.

Reactions: 5 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now how did you make the spaghetti look like spaghetti? Everything I do looks like pappardelle... :)

Susikav I have a device called the Betty bossi veg twister and it has 2 settings one of which is spaghetti and one which is more like tagliatelle.

Dinner went slightly off-piste as I had a slice of garlic cheese pizza bread. Kept on track for the rest of it - tricolore salad to start, then chicken breast in a creamy sauce with mushrooms, asparagus, sundried tomatoes, and a few green beans.

Reactions: 7 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thanks for the tip... I will look it up instead of dismissing it as full of chemicals because it's American... :rolleyes:
Not sure I wrote this out correctly Susikav, it seems I hinted it was good for LC but I meant I didn't know, just found a recipe on realfoodnetwork and looks good (to me it does anyway)

Reactions: 2 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Sounds perfect... :) How did it go yesterday? It was yesterday, wasn't it? :)

Yesterday was to have a fitting for mask she needs to wear, some thing that fits over your head and down to middle of chest, we go again on 22nd not sure what for, planning & check mask and talk again maybe, treatment starts on May 5th for six weeks.
A bit annoyed as have been told all along you need to start the treatment at six weeks after op, yet this will now be twelve weeks but I guess budget, schedules and other reasons come into play, and I assume they know best, just a bit peeved at being told one thing but in reality it's twice as long.
At least we have had two "dummy" runs in car using different routes to see what's best, 3/4 hour going, 30 mins return, so quite easy just that's it's at 11:50 which kind of ruins my work day, but tough @&@!

Not posted last few days as was my birthday on Friday and have eaten out last two nights! Glad to be back to roast chicken & salad tonight :)

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

so far
Breakfast: Up really late so had that almond cake.... thought it was supposed to be super great for the numbers but I still went up from 5.1 to 6.3 - rather surprised me....though could also be that a liver dump was underway....
Dinner: Same as last nights tea....
No snacks.... yet.... ;) and will watch myself with the cake though there is only one slice left.... daughter enjoyed it too when she popped in for dinner
Not christened my tea yet...... had thought of roast chicken but its still in the freezer

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Breakfast One ryvita with marmite
Lunch tuna and leek frittata
Tea roast chicken , cauliflower , cabbage, few carrots and a small new potato x

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon and egg, small latte
L: family meal at an all-you-can-eat-chinese-buffet :wideyed: Not a successful meal. They had carrots in batter!!!:stop: I stuck to shredded pork, ribs, chickens bits, salad - basically 95% protein, 5% gloopy ***** shiny sauces. And 5 prawn crackers. There's a limit to what you can actually avoid. BG has been acceptable, so I seem to have got away with it. Drank fizzy water. No one else even noticed that my plate was solid meat.
D: probably a huge salad. Definitely don't need any meat or fish! Might excavate some cauli cheese though. Need veg to balance that lunch!

Reactions: 8 people

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Late breakfast due to night shift, poached eggs on spinach. Just made a veg curry using cauliflower, courgettes, brussel sprouts and spinach. I keep organic lemons frozen and will grate some into the curry when I reheat it. I will likely make some soup for my son and may have a bowl for supper, if I stay up that late!
Normality resumes weekdays

Reactions: 6 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. 2 scrambled eggs on 1 small slice of toast.
L. Roast chicken, butternut squash and cauliflower mash, peas and carrots followed by jelly n cream. Bg post 2h 5.9
D. Couldn't decide on anything, ended up with one pitta bread with a bit of square sausage and an egg in. Ok except for the pitta!

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Greek Yogurt and pomegranate seeds. Coffee with cream.
Lunch: Cheese Omelette
Dinner: Chicken and kale soup with ginger and chilli.

Drunk a lot of tea, too. And I'm about to go see if I've got any chocolate.

Ellie-70

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greek Yoghurt with mixed ground nuts.
Tea with cream and 3 Ginger Nut biscuits (homemade).

Roast chicken
Coleslaw
Brussels Sprouts

2 sqs dark chocolate
2 Ginger Nut biscuits
50g Apple*
Cashel Blue cheese

* I am going to have to omit apple from my diet altogether as even this tiny amount of apple raises my bg to over 8. Cheese and apple has been a favourite night time snack for years so I will have to limit my fruit intake to berries only.

S

Sable_Jan

Greek Yoghurt with mixed ground nuts.
Tea with cream and 3 Ginger Nut biscuits (homemade).

Roast chicken
Coleslaw
Brussels Sprouts

2 sqs dark chocolate
2 Ginger Nut biscuits
50g Apple*
Cashel Blue cheese

* I am going to have to omit apple from my diet altogether as even this tiny amount of apple raises my bg to over 8. Cheese and apple has been a favourite night time snack for years so I will have to limit my fruit intake to berries only.
celery is nice with cheese and, if you can do a few red grapes, they are nice too....

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: 2 boiled eggs, coffee with cream.
L: roast chicken, portion of roast potatoes in goose fat (I can resist any roast potatoes except my own), sautéed cabbage, leek and cauli, green beans, mushrooms roasted with the chicken.
D: celeriac spaghetti with pesto, cheese and leftover bits of roast chicken:

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1429475714.559768.jpg

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Susikav I have a device called the Betty bossi veg twister and it has 2 settings one of which is spaghetti and one which is more like tagliatelle.

Dinner went slightly off-piste as I had a slice of garlic cheese pizza bread. Kept on track for the rest of it - tricolore salad to start, then chicken breast in a creamy sauce with mushrooms, asparagus, sundried tomatoes, and a few green beans.
Ahh, your machine does both settings... no wonder you made spaghetti.... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Yesterday was to have a fitting for mask she needs to wear, some thing that fits over your head and down to middle of chest, we go again on 22nd not sure what for, planning & check mask and talk again maybe, treatment starts on May 5th for six weeks.
A bit annoyed as have been told all along you need to start the treatment at six weeks after op, yet this will now be twelve weeks but I guess budget, schedules and other reasons come into play, and I assume they know best, just a bit peeved at being told one thing but in reality it's twice as long.
At least we have had two "dummy" runs in car using different routes to see what's best, 3/4 hour going, 30 mins return, so quite easy just that's it's at 11:50 which kind of ruins my work day, but tough @&@!

Not posted last few days as was my birthday on Friday and have eaten out last two nights! Glad to be back to roast chicken & salad tonight :)
How frustrating for you both... so disappointing when you've geared yourself up to have the treatment and then to have to wait again... and worrying, too of course.... lots of luck to you.... I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday... :)

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: 2 boiled eggs, coffee with cream.
L: roast chicken, portion of roast potatoes in goose fat (I can resist any roast potatoes except my own), sautéed cabbage, leek and cauli, green beans, mushrooms roasted with the chicken.
D: celeriac spaghetti with pesto, cheese and leftover bits of roast chicken:

View attachment 13113

Celeriac spaghetti does sound good, especially teamed with pesto, I thing that is a winning combination. The celeriac will add a bit of bulk/substance to counteract the absence of potatoes or broad beans. AD, I loved any kind of pasta Genovese. I may buy one of those sprializer thingies and experiment.

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
0700 BS: 5.0
2 x Peppermint tea
0830 20 Min Walk
0900 Bacon, Egg & Baby Spinach