Unable to go fully low carb

netter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you're a veg what options do you have going low carb? What low carb breakfasts could you eat?

I was thinking Oatabix with almonds and full fat milk.

What other foods are a never never for someone going low carb,
- no sugar
- no wheat
- no rice
- no potatoes
- no pasta

Are there any other foods that you should never touch if you're going low carb?

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
No root veg, berries only.
Why don't you have yogurt with berries for brekkie. Do you eat eggs? Make an omelette with peppers etc.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No grains of any sort for me so any type of cereal is out. I have eggs in a variety of forms - omelette with blue cheese and walnuts is good. Also Alpro coconut 'yoghurt' with blueberries, some chopped hazelnuts and flaxseed. Sometimes make breadless pudding with berries http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/breadless_pudding.html in individual ramekins and have for breakfast. Or do a breakfast stuffed baked mushroom using cherry tomato, onion, cheese and nuts of your choosing then top with a poached egg? Sure you could prepare a number and freeze them, minus the egg, then take them out as needed to save time. Haven't tried this myself mind you...!

plonkish_

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you're a veg what options do you have going low carb? What low carb breakfasts could you eat?

I was thinking Oatabix with almonds and full fat milk.

What other foods are a never never for someone going low carb,
- no sugar
- no wheat
- no rice
- no potatoes
- no pasta

Are there any other foods that you should never touch if you're going low carb?

Netter, there is also a thread in the LCHF area of the forum that is all about vegetarian recipes and ideas.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/vegetarian-vegan-low-carb-recipe-index.61859/