What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Home made greek style yoghurt with a few raspberries
Lunch: Tuna mayo salad
Dinner: Planning to have pork chops with green beans, cauliflower and roasted celeriac
Snacks: Couple of squares of Lindt Excellence 90% Cocoa Chocoloate

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast spelt toast boiled egg rasher bacon 5.6 before 5.6 after
Lunch quick deli grab between dental appointments chicken soup
Dinner pub quiz night I have root canal this arvo so think usual steak off menu so thinking chorizo black pudding tapas halloumi salad and something else ( it's mainly a tapas menu so dishes small) - depending on who else going there may or may not be a few chips from communal bowl

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual breakfast, full fat Greek yogurt, large tablespoon flaxseed, half a dozen raspberries, cup of tea.
Lunch about to be eaten. 2 poached eggs on 1 slice Hovis Seed Sensations toasted with loads of butter, few strawberries and cream.
Tea will be our usual Monday fry up, 3 rashers of bacon, fried egg, grilled tomato, loads of mushrooms, 97% sausage, maybe 6 stolen chips.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Streaky bacon, egg and mushrooms for breakfast, with some coffee and double cream.

Just had lunch of a small dollop each of mackerel pate, guacamole and hummus, with a small tomato, some cheese and some olives.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Mixed vegetable omelette and smoked salmon: espresso with cream
Roast chicken and steamed veg - cauliflower, little carrot and baby marrow
Green salad; Grilled salmon and veg; Almond cake

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 3 good sausages and coffeencream
L: tinned salmon, mayo and a 9 bar. BG 6.1 at 2 hrs. Awesome!!!
D: huge salad with greenery, peppers, cherry toms, coleslaw, cucumber, cress, 3 bean salad in tomato sauce, hard boiled egg, 2 small felafel and a tiny onion bhaji. Delish, but a bit too high carb for me. Finished off with whipped cream and grated 70% choc. In a separate bowl, not on top of the salad. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wispa, boost, magnum bar, sarnie, kettle chips, Maynard gums, beans on toast. In a state of denial. Waiting on follow up app at gp. A1c was 94, last finger test 16. Finding hard to adjust until I get diagnosis
Ah but you have come to right place then! This is the section for low carbers you see and for many, not all but many, low carbing helps immensly with normalising blood sugar.

Have a look at LCHF for example www.dietdoctor.com/lchf