Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

7.8 Fasting. Trend, if anything, is heading in the wrong direction But quite unpredictable at the mo.

Reactions: 9 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Bewildered, sounds similar to me. I take levothyroxine too. Cholesterol down to 4.1 from 5.5 but hb1a 7.6. I'm on a diet and losing weight thankfully

Reactions: 6 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

Merrylizard1314

Morning all

7.8 Fasting. Trend, if anything, is heading in the wrong direction But quite unpredictable at the mo.

@Baruney, I can never make sense of the fluctuations either. And always, at the back of my mind, I am wondering if all the control of BGLs is having any impact on insulin resistance, and how would we really know?

Reactions: 5 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @s_k_s Did you get anywhere with being able to post excel ss. Looks like there are only a few accepted formats. Would saving it as a text or pdf file work?

Not yet. Will have a play around when I have the time.

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
6.3 fasting... 5.3 last night....

Reactions: 19 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Susikav, sorry to hear you have a sinus infection, horrid. Hope you feel better soon.

6.7 today, lowest ever reading for fasting test!
Thank you... slowly, slowly... :)

Well done... it always puts a smile on your face, doesn't it? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.3 this morning :p after a hand full of nuts for me supper and not a big dinner at tea time :arghh:
So frustrating.... it'll get better for sure... are you unwell - that will put your numbers up... :(

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I've definitely joined @Baruney on a yo-yo rollercoaster ride:

Fasting this morning was: 6.7, and after breakfast was right up at 7.8 :eek::eek:

But I'm staying well into ketosis, my Ketonix is showing mid to high ketone .levels practically every morning...:joyful:

Robbity

Reactions: 13 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.4 this morning. Still tormented by coughing fits......all unproductive :-(
Ahhh, poor you, not getting better quickly.... Do you suppose it was the humidity? I hope you feel better today...

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not yet. Will have a play around when I have the time.
@s_k_s :
Google says you can "Save As" your Excel file in text format using either the text (tab delimited) or csv (comma delimited) options. As far as I'm aware csv is readable as text anyway, and also has the advantage of being easily usable if anyone else wanted to use the data.

Zipping files is always a good option for uploading into a forum if the'yre not in an acceptable format for upload, but does rely on the user having the relevant software on their machine to access it when unzipped.

Robbity

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I've definitely joined @Baruney on a yo-yo rollercoaster ride:

Fasting this morning was: 6.7, and after breakfast was right up at 7.8 :eek::eek:

But I'm staying well into ketosis, my Ketonix is showing mid to high ketone .levels practically every morning...:joyful:

Robbity
Hi @Robbity

Is that the Bayer peestrips you are using (sorry for being so graphic). I am barely registering and confirmed with blood ketones at 0.3. Mid to high would be 4 to 8 with bayer purple to dark prurple? Or lower?

Status
Not open for further replies.