6 month visit with DSN

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
In common with most on here and despite trying to maintain a good diet and BG levels I find the prospect of the visits somewhat daunting.
No matter. I turned up, on time, and was greeted warmly and introduced to another DSN from our local hospital. I'm also fortunate that this visit is at my GP surgery rather than a trip to the hospital.
No problems found with kidney output, ketones, blood, protein et al despite having recently been diagnosed as having cysts on both kidneys which are being addressed.
A1C was 44, same as last time which I gather is approx 7.2%. Not bad at all.
Managing a good diet, following drug therapy (if any) in a timely manner pays dividends for me.
I have other co-morbidities along with the big D, still waiting for heart bypass surgery, other health matters are being addressed. Not too shabby to be honest.
Up to me to ensure it continues along the same lines. Would love to get a lower A1C but on my drug therapy it is unlikely, but still something for which to aim.

Reactions: 10 people

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad your visit went well. You have a lot to cope with so you're doing well.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done!

Isn't it weird how daunting these things are?

Do you think it is a throwback to being called up to the headmaster's office at school?
Oh yes, I was a bad girl ;)

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Just a small point. An HBa1C of 44 is 6.2% in old money which is very good.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Thx folks, and Daibell - - 6.2% is better than 7.2% old money or not.

Reactions: 2 people

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done, Alan, keep up the good work. It is good that you have a supportive team working with you.