im on a low carb high fat diet and struggling

jackie_oates_123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi all just thought id bring you up to speed i've had my insulin reduced again now on 16 units a day, had a good talk with the nurse and she is thinking about weaning me of insulin slowly. Thanks again for support and advise ,:)

Reactions: 2 people

jackie_oates_123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome. The hypo indicates too much Gliclazide or insulin. I asked my DN who put me onto insulin to stop the Gliclazide as there is no point in taking both; she agreed. Do discuss this with the DN. Do let us know what insulin regime you are on i.e. Mixed or Basal/Bolus. If you are not overweight then as others have said you could be T1.5 (Late onset T1) in which case insulin is almost certainly the right medication in the long-term. If you come off Gliclazide then your insulin dose may need to be adjusted as well as matched to your diet
Yay im now down to twelve units of insulin and ive lost 2 kilo loving the lchf plan ;)

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
slowly, slowly, catch da monkey. well done
what are your bloods?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ok, that's better than before ..most who don't know about T2 and LCHF would be happy with those numbers and 12U of insulin
when you get down to 30-50g of carbs a day for a while, it should give you a good idea of what your pancreas is like.

Reactions: 2 people