Pain in sides

loopy3112

Hi

Just wondered if anyone else gets pains in the side of their waist? I was out earlier and I had a really bad sharp pain in my right side but I always seem to have pain in both sides. Just wondered if this could be due to the diabetes.
I'm currently on 2 x 80mg Gliclazide ( I was right about the Metformin, it can cause a woman to start ovulating).

many Thanks

Louise

Tinytoez

Dislikes
Diabetes!! People who dont understand. Being overweight and hungry.
Hi Louise, I was on Met 500g, but Ive stopped and will be seeing my GP in the morn, but I was on my way home in the car today, just after eating and I too had stabbing pains in my sides, just above my hips but just under my rib cage in line with my belly button. The only thing that seemed to ease it was pressing on it, it wore off after a bit. Im not sure if it is a Diabetes thing or not, it felt a bit like ovulation pain, but I normally only get that on one side at a time. Hopefully someone else can say more.

mish1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pain in both sides ? Kidneys ?

They are the only thing that I can think of other than lungs that we have 2 of inside in tha sort of area .

Tracey69

HI
I have to agree with mish1953 that pain in both sides could be you have a kidney infection. Are your sugars raised or are you passing urine more often. If this doesn't stop then i would take a urine sample to the GP.
Hope you feel better soon.
Tracey

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Tracey69 said:
HI
I have to agree with mish1953 that pain in both sides could be you have a kidney infection. Are your sugars raised or are you passing urine more often. If this doesn't stop then i would take a urine sample to the GP.
Hope you feel better soon.
Tracey
+1 Tracey
We have to watch our kidneys a bit more than the Average,non-diabetic.

loopy3112

Thanks for your replies.

I must admit that things have gone to pot today and I havent tested my BS since this morning so will go and do that in a min. I had a lot of kidney infections when I was younger so I;m hoping that its not gonna cause me problems now!!

Louise

sickofit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i asked my doctor about tender spots on my sides and he told me i was eating too much carbohydrates ! the fact that he doesnt even know what i eat is not relevant of course!