Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Gabe86..saw the photo of Glucerna. Is it chocolate milk drink? Says for diabetes? That for real? Or not?
I make my own, cocoa powder ans soya milk...you could add sweetener but I prefer nit to....sometimes coconut cream to hot chocolate

Reactions: 5 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2. Seemed to have jumped from the 4's into the 5's for some reason. That's 4 days in a row where it has been between 4.9-5.3.

Reactions: 18 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope all goes well and you aren't sat around waiting too long x
Thanks Jan its a long day cause its 2 hours in the car bloods doctor Phsyio occupational therapist and doctor again then at least 2 hours home if the M4 and M25 behave themselves

Reactions: 4 people

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
Been back on the Metformin this week.

BG lowered everyday since, starting on Monday @ 9.7, today @ 5.7 !

Reactions: 18 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Fasting checked very late today after 1pm - I was doing my imitation of Sleeping Beauty :D : 7.3

Flat again though at 7.0 and 7.3 pre and post my
very late brunch.

For @Susikav and anyone else who was asking about ketone testing strips: the urine test ones are Bayer Ketostix, and you can also buy them online from eBay and Amazon; they're around £6.00 a pack of 50 and you can cut the strips in half. :p Main disadvantage is that you won't necessarily see any ketones once you're into ketosis as you'll be burning rather than eliminating them. But have a look at this alternative - the Ketonix - too, which is quite pricey but is a one-off expense as you don't need anything extra to use it.
Thank you Robbity... :) I think I'll go for the one-off - never anywhere civilised to buy anything 'extra'... struggle to keep up with strips or cartridges for the Accucheck Mobile... can't use it at the moment... I will order it online and it will be waiting in the UK when I get back next month... Brilliant, thank you for the info...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
If you want a decent chocolate drink - make your own virtually cabohydrate free version with sugar free cocoa, double cream, and if required a little stevia or erythritol to sweeten. Far better for you than a load of "diabetic" chemical ****...:eek:

The one good piece of advice my diabetic nurse actually gave me was to avoid food specifically made for diabetics.

Robbity
Absolutely... :) I use pure cacao, hot water, cream and coconut oil usually... or coconut milk sometimes... I always sweeten it, even though I don't have a sweet tooth - it's very bitter without anything in it... :) I sweeten with Stevia as it's a natural leaf and they say it's the best...

S

Sable_Jan

7.0 last night
10.0 this morning, got to get this improved!
Oh dear, don't forget stress can affect your figures though and you've got a lot if balls in the air at the moment.... Hope all is going as well as it can at the moment. Missed a lot of posts recently so apologies if I've missed any updates

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Thanks Robbity. Will have to try that. I adore shakes.

Reactions: 2 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Thanks sable jan

Reactions: 2 people

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 which wasn't too bad considering my undisclined eating yesterday. Down to 5.1 by mid morning.

Reactions: 15 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Oh dear, don't forget stress can affect your figures though and you've got a lot if balls in the air at the moment.... Hope all is going as well as it can at the moment. Missed a lot of posts recently so apologies if I've missed any updates
Thank you Jan, we don't feel stressed but I guess subconsciously we are a little, she starts on Tuesday 5th May, I won't bore you with the details but we met with dietician on Wednesday, bless her she was trying her best but didn't fill us with confidence, I put it down to her age, she seemed very young!

YeahMeToo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 fasting this morning - down from 8.2 fasting yesterday morning.
Have only been testing for 2 days as I have only recently been diagnosed with type 2.

Reactions: 17 people
Status
Not open for further replies.