Metformin Help

Sharon_1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing ok.

I was diagnosed day before yesterday with Type 2 Diabetes and I was prescribed Metformin.

Just wondered how everyone was doing on it.

Thanks for any help.

Sharon xx

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I think you will find that Metformin is the most help for those who have excess weight but for everyone it is safe and always helps a bit. It never has a dramatic effect on blood sugar so diet, as always, is the key and this means low-carb

Sharon_1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. I think you will find that Metformin is the most help for those who have excess weight but for everyone it is safe and always helps a bit. It never has a dramatic effect on blood sugar so diet, as always, is the key and this means low-carb
Hi Daibell for your reply.

I am about 2 stone overweight so I am hoping this will help me and then help the Diabetes too.

I do like one glass of wine around twice a week and notice from the leaflet that I will have to stick to water.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
HI again. I think commonsense applies to alcohol and Metformin. Having too much alcohol is no doubt not sensible but the odd glass of wine is unlikely to be a problem. It's your choice. I had two glasses last night and usually have a Malt wisky twice a week.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i take metformin and have had no trouble with it

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too take metaformin and have had no problems with except I find the tablet a bit hard to swallow
Jan

Reactions: 2 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I'm on metformin , they say it can upset your tummy a bit but apart from a lot of wind I've had no trouble at all . I have 2 or 3 glasses of red a week just be sensible and drink it with food you'll be fine , good luck keep in touch and let us know how you get on

Sharon_1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for your lovely welcome.

I was only diagnosed day before yesterday so know I have a lot to learn about Diabetes. I know I will learn a lot from you all.
Look forward to chatting loads. :)

Sharon