Phone App To Convert Readings

clairy clutterbuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi, I managed to purchase an Accu-Chek Compact Plus a couple of years ago but with the readings that show MG/DL rather than Mol/L and it cannot be changed. I am reluctant to change meters as my GP gives me 51 strips on prescription each month and I don't want to "rock the boat".

Does anyone know of an app where I can put my readings in and it converts it to Mol but also saves the readings and gives you an average so you can see how you are doing over time?

Diabetes.co.uk has an app for the forum but I does it give access to their website for the converter.

Is there a good overall app that helps you monitor, log and add data so you can keep an eye on glucose levels, diet, fitness etc... sorry to sound vague (I am not technically minded) but I am getting an iphone just so I can keep a check on all this.

We were recently in Croatia in the Plitvice National Park at the bottom of a gorge and I took a reading and it said 92 and I wasn't really clear how low that was. I'm type 2 so it wasn't too concerning but would have liked to have had a phone that I could have checked it on.

Very grateful to receive any advice x

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I managed to purchase an Accu-Chek Compact Plus a couple of years ago but with the readings that show MG/DL rather than Mol/L and it cannot be changed. I am reluctant to change meters as my GP gives me 51 strips on prescription each month and I don't want to "rock the boat".

Does anyone know of an app where I can put my readings in and it converts it to Mol but also saves the readings and gives you an average so you can see how you are doing over time?

Diabetes.co.uk has an app for the forum but I does it give access to their website for the converter.

Is there a good overall app that helps you monitor, log and add data so you can keep an eye on glucose levels, diet, fitness etc... sorry to sound vague (I am not technically minded) but I am getting an iphone just so I can keep a check on all this.

We were recently in Croatia in the Plitvice National Park at the bottom of a gorge and I took a reading and it said 92 and I wasn't really clear how low that was. I'm type 2 so it wasn't too concerning but would have liked to have had a phone that I could have checked it on.

Personally, I don't know of an app that does that's, but in your shoes, I'd call the manufacturer's helpline and ask for a replacement meter. If you tell them you are prescribed strips for it, they should help out. More often that not, they only supply free meters to insulin dependant, but if you have strips on script, I reckon they'd help. Strips is how they make their money.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

In the meantime, as you seem to have Internet access, you could use this sites converter, and note a few important numbers to yourself in an email, or text? Perhaps something like 80, 90,100, eye, so that you at least have some ball-park figures to help you out?

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
I use the app Diabetes:M and I've just experimented with it. I record everything in mmol, but if I go to the 'settings' and change it from mmol to mgdl, all my recordings are changed over. It would probably be a pain to keep entering mgdl and changing the setting each time, but this app can convert.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
if you are looking for a pc app you can use the one I wrote (see my signature) as it oes everything you asked for.

Quiller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Divide by 18.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with @AndBreathe , meter providers will fall over themselves to help if you are getting strips on prescription, as their prescription income has fallen dramatically since the restriction for Type 2 and the introduction of cheap meters and strips.

It sounds like a better option to get a free replacement meter than have to mess around with conversions.
You can but try - shy bairns get nowt ! ;):D

Signy

clairy clutterbuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thank you all for the responses, I shall have a look through later. Yes maybe I should speak with the manufacturer but I believe this model has been discontinued. Maybe they have another one that will work with the strips.

and I hadn't realised you just divided by 18!! Thanks for that info.

x