FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

pmtbrew

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
That's new news! As we've mentioned before, 2mmol is a lot if you generally stay between 4 and 7!
I've had this issue with the current sensor, previous sensors generally gave a more conservative result (higher when levels were elevated and lower for small readings).

Could be a dodgy batch?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had this issue with the current sensor, previous sensors generally gave a more conservative result (higher when levels were elevated and lower for small readings).

Could be a dodgy batch?
I have had good and bad sensors from same batches - sometimes it just seems like a lottery

Reactions: 4 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Have to agree with @robert72. I've found the best way to get consistency seems to be about placement on the fleshy bit of the back of the upper arm. I've got that right with the last three sensors and seem to have had consistently reliable results.

Reactions: 2 people

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Help! My new sensor won't scan! I'm on a cruise and I was relying on this to work to control myself . I just put my new one on and it just won't scan on the meter at all. It seems to have applied ok but won't scan. Is there anything I can do

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
SOS, people. Something has gone wrong with my Libre reader's export of data. It still exports to a file, but as of yesterday afternoon, the data isn’t updating. It’s stopping at about 10am yesterday. I’ve repeatedly saved in a new file, quit, signed on again and repeated the process.
Nobody had this happen?

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Andy scanner isn't even detecting it. It just times out , I'm afraid it could really ruin my honeymoon . I've terrable control while abroad and horrible hypo anxsiaty . Really stressed

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Andy scanner isn't even detecting it. It just times out , I'm afraid it could really ruin my honeymoon . I've terrable control while abroad and horrible hypo anxsiaty . Really stressed
Oh no. Did ur last one time out?? Ie did it properly finish?

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all last one finished as normal . Yes I click start new sensor it tells me to scan but it will not pick up the new sensor

Andy_P

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could try a reader self test - Settings, System Status, Reader Test. However it's sounds like a faulty sensor to me I'm afraid.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Exactly - hopefully he was just trying it on.

Yes, I bet he was. I think the response you get from Abbott is very much dependent on the individual you talk to. I find being friendly, knowledgeable, calm but assertive works best.

Glad you got it replaced.

Smidge

P.s My current sensor is almost spot on even though I've been pinging around out of range high and low today due to illness.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I bet he was. I think the response you get from Abbott is very much dependent on the individual you talk to. I find being friendly, knowledgeable, calm but assertive works best.

Glad you got it replaced.

Smidge

P.s My current sensor is almost spot on even though I've been pinging around out of range high and low today due to illness.
Thanks. Yes - I had a bad feeling about the guy when we started, but I kept being polite but firm and he started being more polite after he'd put me on hold for consultation on my readings.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I called Abbott today about my current sensor which is giving variable readings up to 40% lower than blood tests. They told me it was acceptable to be within 2mmol out :eek: anyone else heard that? In previous dealings they said it needed to be within 15% of the finger stick, so I wonder if they have moved the goalposts. I wouldn't pay £100/month for anything so inaccurate. I've done 60 blood tests since last wednesday and wonder what use this sensor is. They did agree to replace it after I read out some >2mmol results (of which there are several).

They've always said 15% to me. Agree that when you get a bad sensor you end up doing more tests than before using the sensors. I'm still torn about using the Libre. On the one hand I love being able to scan whenever I want but on the other I like the relief of not having something permanently attached to me and stressing about whether it's accurate or not. Ironically, when I'm not using one I sleep better! I was actually surprised at the relief I felt when I stopped using them for a couple of months - but I still missed them!
Smidge

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have plenty of tests with me for my acucheck I've just grown accustomed to the ease and the graphing of the libre when it comes to not being entirely sure what I eat. Switch to as low a carb diet as possible now. Had a salid and some ham for dinner tonight. Will I also need to reduce my basil for this to ?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm learning the libre patterns. I find a prolonged period with an inclined or declined arrow (long is more than an hour) and the scan will generally be around 20% higher or lower than the blood reading at the same time. I'd you have a flat arrow, then the scans are pretty accurate. On vertical arrows I revert to blood till the arrows even out. Any reading above 9 I now test blood as it starts to get less accurate the higher you go. Seems to work quite well.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have plenty of tests with me for my acucheck I've just grown accustomed to the ease and the graphing of the libre when it comes to not being entirely sure what I eat. Switch to as low a carb diet as possible now. Had a salid and some ham for dinner tonight. Will I also need to reduce my basil for this to ?
Oh don't let it spoil your honeymoon. Have u got enough text strips to test more?