How am I doing? and long term effects?

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello and day 5 for me with this diagnosis. I feel as though I may have done things a little backwards so am wondering how am i doing?

Friday was my first adjusted meal

Drinks - tea with full fat cream or full fat milk (now using lactofree as lower in carbs full fat milk), water and occassioinally dilute sugar free juice

Friday - chicken shish kebab eating only the meat and the salad

Saturday - 2 eggs, 2 bacon, mushroom and tomato for breakfast. cheese and tomato snack and Chicken with garlic buter wrapped in cheese with boiled vegetables and salad for dinner

Sunday - 2 eggs, 2 bacon, mushroom and tomato for breakfast. chicken and cheese wrap with tomato for a snack and roasted beef with cauliflour cheese, tesco finest coleslaw and salad for dinner

Monday - left over beef and cauliflour cheese with coleslaw and salad for breakfast, scarmbled egg, bacon, spring onion, cheese and tomato for lunch and Meatballs with vegetable stir fry for dinner and beef with cheese wrap as a late snack

Am I doing this right?:nailbiting:

Secondly, I understand that this would need to be a plan for life but when do you start to see a change in body weight? unfortunately, i have only just ordered my BG monitor so only have the readings from the doctors blood test to go by but I am assuming that my BS should be reasonably good when it arrives as I have abolished all the carbs I used to eat!

Help have i done this all wrong? How long does the weight continue to come off? If I intrduce carbs for testing, this will up slow my weightloss?

HELP:banghead:

PhilT

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like a good start. You don't list quantities for some things and I don't know your stats, but this morning me and MrsT both had two rashers of streaky bacon with a single egg and a handful of mushrooms sauteed in butter, along with a cherry tomato. If weight doesn't come off quantity may need to be reviewed.

Reactions: 2 people

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for your reply @PhilT to be honest, mostly when it comes to breakfast stuff, it's two of everything and a handul of mushrooms and either 4 slices of tomato or 2-4 cherry tomatoes. Bacon is not streaky but is reasonably fatty although i dont eat too much of it as i dont like the taste lol

The chicken dinner was one large chicken breast but i do eat alot fo cheese, although i seem to be slowing down now that i dont need to watch it so much as before i was diagnosed. I think my portions are maybe a little big as i have been getting used to the way my food looks on the plate without the carbs and also the feeling of being full is different so still adjusting.

I shall watch what happends with regards to the weight and adjust my portions if there is no movement:)

Abonus is tha i dont feel as tired as i did 5 days ago, have more energy and not feeling so bloated although i do have a slight headache and have uped my salt intake