meter readings

brianzion_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello and welcome Brian! You are in the absolute right place for lots of great, tried and tested advice, support and encouragement now! Keep posting, keep asking, keep testing lots (it's the only way to get control and see what you can tolerate and can't) you will in time get to the point where you know what's ok and eventually ease up on the the constant testing for every item once you know how you respond to certain things. Low carb higher fat is excellent at bs reduction and control (weight loss too- which came as a surprise to me!!) Think of it not as a "diet" but a lifestyle choice to make you feel so much different!

thanks for your feedback :)

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Regards "costs" most of us here don't get strips on prescription......check out "codefree" on home health.co.uk, great little meter, discount on 5 packs of strips, yes, it means we self-fund but it gives us the choice to test and control instead of being restricted to what we can do!

brianzion_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Regards "costs" most of us here don't get strips on prescription......check out "codefree" on home health.co.uk, great little meter, discount on 5 packs of strips, yes, it means we self-fund but it gives us the choice to test and control instead of being restricted to what we can do!

I am very lucky I have been supplied all I need from my heath team on presciption for that I am very grateful of the NHS

brianzion_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good news my levels have been below 8 now for a little over 7 days and my health has improved with the aid of reducing my carb diet :)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, once you get your head around the LCHF way of eating it's enjoyable and easy :rolleyes: well it's easy for me as the wife sorts it all out :bag:

M

mojo37

Well done, once you get your head around the LCHF way of eating it's enjoyable and easy :rolleyes: well it's easy for me as the wife sorts it all out :bag:
I wish I could get to grips with it ...is it was the other way round LFHC I might fare better :rolleyes:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all!
I am booked onto a "TYPE 2 DIABETES GROUP EDUCATION COURSE" in June my diabetic nurse put me forward for, its a two 3hr course so I look forward to this as well as following this forums great advice :)

Don't be too sure that you'll necessarily be better informed dietwise after the course, many people find they've been totally MISinformed regarding diet: you may well find you're being told to eat all the stuff that you're being told here to avoid because it's full of sugar/starch. :banghead:

Robbity

IzzieS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Loud noises; disrespectful people; fireworks
I am very lucky I have been supplied all I need from my heath team on presciption for that I am very grateful of the NHS
I've just been put onto gliclazide 40 g x 2 morning and evening with metformin 2x1000 each evening; and I was surprised to be given a monitor and all the equipment needed to test myself. My first reading 4 days ago was 10.1 after breakfast (2 hours) and this morning my fasting one was 8.5. Have sent off for the book 'Carbs and Cals' to get me going - can't really do high fat as I have high cholesterol levels. Am determined to beat this and get my BS down to the right levels. Although I'm retired I live a very busy life and have 4 grandchildren I want to see grow up.

Good luck to you, Brian - keep looking at the forum. :)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just been put onto gliclazide 40 g x 2 morning and evening with metformin 2x1000 each evening; and I was surprised to be given a monitor and all the equipment needed to test myself. My first reading 4 days ago was 10.1 after breakfast (2 hours) and this morning my fasting one was 8.5. Have sent off for the book 'Carbs and Cals' to get me going - can't really do high fat as I have high cholesterol levels. Am determined to beat this and get my BS down to the right levels. Although I'm retired I live a very busy life and have 4 grandchildren I want to see grow up.

Good luck to you, Brian - keep looking at the forum. :)
Looking at your signature your cholesterol is 4.8 - that doesn't seem that high!