Anxiety disorder.

Sukayalid

I seem to have developed anxiety disorder . Seem to be anxious about everything, stress about everything. Doesn't help that company put me on a performance plan the moment they found out that I was depressed. I have been put on citalopram which helps concentration. Even though I have stopped making small errors at work, they are making the performance plan formal which is not helping me. I am under microscopic surveillance at the moment, Been in the job 4 and half years and now they think I am not capable. Found out it really does not pay to tell employer if you have a problem! This is just increasing the problem. Has anyone else got an anxiety problem and how do you deal with this?

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey @Sukayalid I've suffered anxiety for years, I have times I actually forget I have it but times when it makes me physically ill, it has got a little better over the years, for me it helps when I distract myself from it, otherwise I worry about worrying? It does affect me at work I think because I'm too busy to let it? Not sure though.

Is there someone else you can speak to at work that might be a little understanding?

You're definitely not alone x

Reactions: 4 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I seem to have developed anxiety disorder . Seem to be anxious about everything, stress about everything. Doesn't help that company put me on a performance plan the moment they found out that I was depressed. I have been put on citalopram which helps concentration. Even though I have stopped making small errors at work, they are making the performance plan formal which is not helping me. I am under microscopic surveillance at the moment, Been in the job 4 and half years and now they think I am not capable. Found out it really does not pay to tell employer if you have a problem! This is just increasing the problem. Has anyone else got an anxiety problem and how do you deal with this?
Am there. Doing that... A good starting point is your gp. He should be able to help. I am currently waiting to start cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT). Supposed to be effective for anxiety and depression. I've had so many health problems and other issues over the last two years and its got to the stage where anything sets me off. Post, door bell. Phone etc. Always now expecting more bad news. You have my sympathy and understanding.(((HUGS)))

Reactions: 6 people

Sukayalid

Thanks so much, it helps to talk and I have never been such an emotional wreck before and have been through far worse in my life. My poor husband has been fabulous although I don't think he completely understands why I feel the way I do, actually I am not sure why myself...

Reactions: 2 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks so much, it helps to talk and I have never been such an emotional wreck before and have been through far worse in my life. My poor husband has been fabulous although I don't think he completely understands why I feel the way I do, actually I am not sure why myself...

How are you getting on @Sukayalid? X

Sukayalid

The tablets have been helping and I am feeling a bit better but don't understand how I go into this state. No one mentioned that diabetes can send you into emotional chaos. I have followed LCHF diet and have lost 16kg in weight , I started swimming around the same time and stopped taking statins as well. I landed up at A&E in November due to bad chest pains but it was not a heart attack although I do have an arrhythmia problem. Basically went into meltdown after this, did not realise what was wrong. Eventually landed up at doctor in January. Have started recovering but how do I prevent such a thing happening again?

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)

Hiya and welcome to the forum.

I have suffered anxiety all my life. I was diagnosed roughly 6/7 years ago as having GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) which basicly means I am in a state of anxiety most of the time !

It is quite debilitating and at times the smallest things can send me in to a state of analysing absolutely everything (which makes it even worse!)

People who do not understand anxiety think it's just a case of "pulling" oneself together ! When I have it bad it takes over totally. I start concentrating on negatives and see no positives what so ever.

If 99% of my day goes well I will obsess about the 1% that didn't and worry myself sick about it. Right now I'm thinking about work tomorrow and what will happen !

I have taken Citalopram and I have also been on Sertraline over the years though I am no longer taking anti depressants for it.

I was referred for CBT and this was fantastic. It gave me tools to cope and made me realise that my anxieties were caused mainly by my own extreme thought processes and unnatural way that I perceive things. I still use the strategies learnt but anxiety still plays a huge part in my life and I totally relate to everything you stated in your post.

Talking about it to others that are going through it also helps because at times I can think I am totally on my own !

Feel free to PM me if you wish. :nailbiting: (Even my smiley suffers with it !)

Sukayalid

Thank you kevinfitzgerald, occupational health GP has suggests CBT so I have asked them to send a copy of report to my Doctor so that he can refer me to CBT . I will let you know when I get appointment. I am absolutely willing to give this a try just to be able to cope better..

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I have also developed an anxiety disorder in the last couple of months,Its worse in a morning when I wake up,its not every morning and there is no reason for it.but I feel like im bursting out of myself.I wake early and pace round the house.
Im seeing my Dr about it on Thursday.
Its realy hard at times.

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
Thank you kevinfitzgerald, occupational health GP has suggests CBT so I have asked them to send a copy of report to my Doctor so that he can refer me to CBT . I will let you know when I get appointment. I am absolutely willing to give this a try just to be able to cope better..

Give it a try. I was really dismissive of CBT but I was so glad I got referred. It really has helped !

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you looked into natural therapies for it? You might find the following book helpful - The Anti-Anxiety Food Solution by Trudy Scott. Her website is: http://www.everywomanover29.com/

I'm not anxious for the most part, though have suffered lifelong social anxiety. The information on pyroluria has really got me wondering, so probably going to try the recommended supplements for it.

trace_1963

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I am exactly the same,the anxiety and panic attacks are really awful,I have had anxiety disorder for about 15years,over the year's I have gotten alot better,able to manage it better with meds and relaxation,when I were diagnosed last week with type2 diabetes it has made my anxiety and panics quite bad I am trying to get it under control and hopefully I will,I've always had health related anxiety and being diagnosed with this as made things worse.

trace_1963

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have also developed an anxiety disorder in the last couple of months,Its worse in a morning when I wake up,its not every morning and there is no reason for it.but I feel like im bursting out of myself.I wake early and pace round the house.
Im seeing my Dr about it on Thursday.
Its realy hard at times.

trace_1963

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had anxiety disorder and panic attacks for about 15 year's,at first it was really awful I hadn't a clue what was happening to me,it really changed my life,I've always had health related anxiety and panic over anything related to my health,I have a fear of doctors appointments and get my self into a really bad way when I have to go doctors not a clue why,my blood pressure goes through the roof at the surgery,having told the practice nurse about this she tells me to take it at home then show her my readings,she checks my np machine is working and says as long as its ok at home and my machine is correct we will do that,since being diagnosed last week with type 2 its spiralled my anxiety out of control hopefully will get back on track

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
My Dr put me on Critralopram 20 mg a day,I felt worse for a few days,but now feel much better,great to wake up without the pounding head and churning stomach and swetting and couldnt face the day,Dr also gave me Valium 2mg if needed,I havent taken any although was very tempted.
Anxiety is realy awful and you would never know if you have never suffered from it,I realy felt I couldnt live like that.
I couldnt stand in a supermarket queue.
I dont know why this has happened,I realy dont have anything to worry about.
But had a lot on in the last three years