I love my Libre

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just been to clinic and my Libre was spot on with its prediction of my HBA1c. I've found that so long as I keep well hydrated it reads very similar to my accu chek meter, it tends to deviate at higher or lower readings. OK I've still got more work to do to bring it down to the level I'd really like but that's down to me not the Libre

Reactions: 2 people

FrankieAngels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Janrou

I've just been diagnosed and saw a post on this in the forums. Are you self funding the sensors or have you managed to persuade a GP to prescribe them?

My understand is they're £60 every 14 days which is pretty pricey if bought privately.

P.S. Do you still finger prick daily?

Thanks

Paul

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have to self fund unfortunately, they are just under £60 per sensor, which as you say last a fortnight. However it's been great for spotting trends and allowed me to see a few patterns that I hadn't noticed by finger pricking. I still finger prick a lot I've got a pump, and the meter will work out my bolus for meals, also like to compare them both at the moment and still need too before driving. I don't intend to use it continuously as it would be just too expensive.

Good luck with your diabetes journey
Jan

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
You should be paying £48 per sensor. As a diabetic you don't pay VAT.

Reactions: 3 people

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I couldn't remember the exact price so guessed sorry if it has misled anyone

RW47

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After 58 years of wee testing & finger pricking the Libre sensor system has changed my life . For the first month that I used the sensors I double checked the readings by also finger pricking but the difference in the readings was so negible so I gave up the finger prickings and only do it now on a rare occasion. It is so easy to use (you can scan your blood glucose through your dressing gown or even your overcoat) that I am probably overusing it but it is so convenient to scan your arm that testing is no longer a chore .
The only drawback is the cost of £96 per month and they will never let you have possession of more than 2 sensors & the way the re-ordering system works they are making it very difficult to pass the charge on to your GP .
Even though I realise the cost is dictated by the demand for the system and their difficulty in providing their existing customers with the supply of monthly sensors I still think they are ripping of Diabetics & the NHS should find a way of making it available to all Diabetics .
It has made my Diabetes so much easier to control .