fat fast

shews

Has anyone with Type 1 diabetes tried the atkins fat fast?

I have been successfully low carbing for 6 months now and my sugars are better than ever. Weight loss however has been minimal- a couple of punds here and there which seem to go back on as easily as they come off. (usually after a heavy weekend I admit!)

I have a BMI of 25 so don't have loads to loose but 1/2 stone would be nice and I really thought low carbing would be the answer.

So a few weeks ago I tried 2 weeks of proper aktins induction and reduced carbs to 20g per day- usually i have 40-50g. I also cut out alcohol but this made no difference.

Having read up on this I concluded I may have metabolic resistance and 1 way to deal with this is a fat fast:
3 days eating 1000 calories in 5 small meals consiting of 85% fat.

I am on day 2 and have similar symptoms to my initial low week- constant headache.
For the first time in 6 months I am in ketosis but yet to loose any weight.
This feels v extreme and i am wondering what the hell I am doing to my body!?

Anyone else tried this or have any thoughts on this idea?

Thanks Sal x

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I've heard of it, but never tried myself. As a SHORT term thing, it's unlikely to hurt you

inwales

shews said:
Has anyone with Type 1 diabetes tried the atkins fat fast?

I have been successfully low carbing for 6 months now and my sugars are better than ever. Weight loss however has been minimal- a couple of punds here and there which seem to go back on as easily as they come off. (usually after a heavy weekend I admit!)

I have a BMI of 25 so don't have loads to loose but 1/2 stone would be nice and I really thought low carbing would be the answer.

So a few weeks ago I tried 2 weeks of proper aktins induction and reduced carbs to 20g per day- usually i have 40-50g. I also cut out alcohol but this made no difference.

Having read up on this I concluded I may have metabolic resistance and 1 way to deal with this is a fat fast:
3 days eating 1000 calories in 5 small meals consiting of 85% fat.

I am on day 2 and have similar symptoms to my initial low week- constant headache.
For the first time in 6 months I am in ketosis but yet to loose any weight.
This feels v extreme and i am wondering what the hell I am doing to my body!?

Anyone else tried this or have any thoughts on this idea?

Thanks Sal x

What excercise do you do?

shews

circuit training/running/aerobics and free weights mainly.
2-3 times per week. I know i could do more but its finding the time!!