Remote Slow

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I don't know if it's me and I know it's not the battery as its new but I'm finding the Insight remote a bit on the slow side for everything especially doing blood tests, I'm use to testers being pretty quick but I feel like I've gone back in time any one else noticed this?

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
@masonbason63

How long does a test take?
My new Medtronic 640g has the Bayer Link 2.4 meter which takes about 3 seconds

Kelsie

I have the insight and the remote is v slow!!! I asked my rep and DSN and they agreed saying they are all slow-hopefully something will be done about it!

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
@masonbason63

How long does a test take?
My new Medtronic 640g has the Bayer Link 2.4 meter which takes about 3 seconds
Haven't timed it exactly or read instructions but I've used various meters in the paste and you get to know and this is sloooowwwww

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I have the insight and the remote is v slow!!! I asked my rep and DSN and they agreed saying they are all slow-hopefully something will be done about it!

Hi Kelsie, so glad I'm not the only one, after using my last meter I picked up on this straight away, also the strips are massive but I find it awkward putting the sample of blood on, I have to pick the handset up and slide into blood sample whereas my others you just drop the blood on the tip. I seem to be wasting a fair few strips

Nomi

I find the same, it feels like i'm back on a 90's phone! I think the problem with the strips is that they are too flexible so its difficult to get them to point where you want. Hopefully they will update things so we don't have to wait a year to get a bolus!

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yes it is frustratingly slow.

Some of us that were on the pre launch have hopefully fed back this info to Accuchek.

It is important that people phone Accuchek and let them know. Just speak to the pump careline and tell them that you are finding the calclating time etc frustrating and excessive.

I currently have issues with the rapid sets that at random times on the 2nd day I will get a high. As I only eat one meal a day and the 1st day is perfect I have told them and asked them and emailed them if there any other persons getting these probs on 2nd snd asking for 4mm sets to be considered as a patient request. I am lean and literally cannot tolerate 6mm in stomach but would like to try to give my bum a rest after 30 years of injections.

Unless people share their experiences and thoughts either by email to Accuchek or by phone then they will never improve.

Accuchek are brilliant with their customer service and really do listen and try to help.

The chap I always speak to knows me very well and has never let me down in almost 5 years.

I wasn't happy that 100 mm tubes not available for the 6mm rapids... Now sorted... They do them separately now.

I voice my opinions on things I think are wrong, especially as I can so easily see problems occuring at random times every two days before a set change, so I've reported this. They know I don't eat day time and they know my basals normally on rapuds run between 5 and 7 so when odd highs are occuring at say 1am or 6am or 1pm they can easily check my information as I don't normally have to correct or do anything on day 1.

Please take the time to email or speak to Accuchek. It is the only way they can resolve issues or improve their pumps...(handsets)