Weight loss problem. Give me advice?

jesy

Hello from me! My name is Jesy. From a long time I have a problem with obesity. I try to find a solution, but to no avail. I tried several diets, but not helped me. Give me advice on what to do. Thank you!

Reactions: 2 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hello from me! My name is Jesy. From a long time I have a problem with obesity. I try to find a solution, but to no avail. I tried several diets, but not helped me. Give me advice on what to do. Thank you!

Have you tried the LCHF diet.? How much weight do you wish to lose? Are you diabetic type 1 or type 2 ?

Maark

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
The question that you ask is very broad by nature, since. On top of that, losing weight is one of the most challenging tasks that you can undertake. The first thing you need is commitment because without it you'll get to nowhere. You can either choose to lose weight through good diet or by doing exercises which is highly recommended. It's not easy, but with constant dedication you'll get there.

Following are some tips that you can start implementing today to get real results:

• Create a calorie deficit (ideally 500 calories deficit per day). Calorie deficit should be from the calories you consume, physical activities, or both. Your calories should come majorly from protein, complex carbohydrates (found in fruits and vegetables, and healthy fats.
  • Eat 5 to 6 meals a day (3 main meals and 2 snacks).
  • Decrease your consumption of sugary stuff as much as possible. The less the better.
  • Do 4 weight training sessions a week. Weight training build your muscles which is your best friend when it comes to weight loss.
  • Do HIIT exercises. High Intensity Interval training is a cardio training where you make short intense training bursts followed by slow intensity periods. This has shown to burn more calories than regular cardio training.
Good luck :happy:

Last edited by a moderator:

lj1921

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Try Slimming world - it has worked for me lost 3 stone and now off insulin

Reactions: 6 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This gives a simple overview to how it works
For me, the more carbs we eat the more carbs we want. They don’t give up easy and it’s biochemical

a long page and a few good video’s
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarb101/a/firstweek.htm

“Dr Eric C. Westman, MD and president elect of the American Society of Bariatric Physicians, has 15 years of experience helping patients lose weight and improve their health using low carb. He has also helped do several high-quality scientific studies on low carb.”

*If you find these links useful. Please put in favourites and share with other diabetics

Last edited by a moderator:

Atalay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mathematics of losing weight, what is fat, how we lose fat? This TEDX Talk is very motivational, depending on facts, shows the importance of exercising.

I found this talk very convincing on my weight loss program. I hope this will help you, too.

Reactions: 4 people

jesy

Mathematics of losing weight, what is fat, how we lose fat? This TEDX Talk is very motivational, depending on facts, shows the importance of exercising.

I found this talk very convincing on my weight loss program. I hope this will help you, too.
Yes thisi is very usefully for me! thank you

Frances_ann

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Onions , Garlic , Curry
Try a smaller plate , reduce your potato and bread intake gradually - eventually you will go off these foods LCHF is definitely the way to go , good luck x

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I've lost near on 2 stones just by cutting my carb intake and upping the fat it does work, but now I'm stuck maintaining 12s4 lbs but no lower?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've lost near on 2 stones just by cutting my carb intake and upping the fat it does work, but now I'm stuck maintaining 12s4 lbs but no lower?
Please share your typical food diet and exercise regime. I'm desperate to lose weight on lchf as I'm enjoying the food. Thanks

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have a lot more olive oil, butter cheese bacon than I have in the past porridge or full English for breakfast cut down on bread and spuds , I walk a bit but nothing to strenuously and work a bit harder on the allotment

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A low carb diet will help you in reducing weight fast with daily workout.
You can also try some weight loss products or pills, but if you are a diabetic consult with your doctor about the diet supplements.