Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mojo37

6.7 this am ..was 5.9 before bed don't usually take a bedtime reading but had low carbed all day ( 80g) which for me is low maybe too low because hungry from dinner time onwards .Was on late shift yesterday and didn't manage to fit in any exercise before work. Awake this am at 5 o'clock and really felt hungry but its probably carb cravings ...settled for 2 burgen toast and boiled eggs ( instead of 4 white thick slices of toast ):rolleyes:

Reactions: 20 people

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 at bedtime, 5.1 this morning...Day 14 of ND - down a complete stone (14lbs) yay! :happy:

Reactions: 26 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning! 5.7 today. It was 5.1 two hours after dinner - I haven't been measuring at bedtime, is there usually a difference? We're talking 1 - 2 hours in between.

Reactions: 21 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
nother 5.4 am, which slightly surprised me as there was lots of fish to eat last night and it was crumbed in bread... and lots of winter greens and broccoli.... lovely dinner.

Reactions: 23 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. It's a 6.6 this morning after a 6.0 at bedtime.

Reactions: 19 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

8.6 fasting. I too succumbed to an attack by bad chocci Both in quantity and quality.

Looks like the headmasters might call us in for a talk about naughty midnight feasting.

Reactions: 17 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all

8.6 fasting. I too succumbed to an attack by bad chocci Both in quantity and quality.

Looks like the headmasters might call us in for a talk about naughty midnight feasting.
Oh naughty boy maybe me too only mine was 10pm feasting.:rolleyes::)

Reactions: 9 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Encouraging 5.5 this morning, which continues the downward trend of 6.1 and 5.7 in the last two days. Did a satisfying sub-1 hour 4 mile walk in blustery conditions yesterday and aiming to do the same again today while continuing my low energy diet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 19 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this am ..was 5.9 before bed don't usually take a bedtime reading but had low carbed all day ( 80g) which for me is low maybe too low because hungry from dinner time onwards .Was on late shift yesterday and didn't manage to fit in any exercise before work. Awake this am at 5 o'clock and really felt hungry but its probably carb cravings ...settled for 2 burgen toast and boiled eggs ( instead of 4 white thick slices of toast ):rolleyes:

80g carbs is low relative to someone eating a non carb-restricted diet but I do wonder if it's not enough as it's too high for fat-burning ketosis (which would need to be around 30g or less). My personal experience is that 80g carbs would do my numbers no favours.

Reactions: 8 people
M

mojo37

80g carbs is low relative to someone eating a non carb-restricted diet but I do wonder if it's not enough as it's too high for fat-burning ketosis (which would need to be around 30g or less). My personal experience is that 80g carbs would do my numbers no favours.
Well my normal carb intake is between 300/ 400g and I can even have 300g and lose weight I've never really done low carbs before .The 80g I had yesterday certainly reduced my BG readings during the day but I was hungry from diner time onwards .It will be easier for me today to eat a better choice of food because I'm home and I can also exercise between meals .So I'll see how it goes over the nxt few days / weeks .Its about trial and probably lots of errors to find what suits :)

Reactions: 7 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3.7 and feeling pretty bad. Ran 7 miles yesterday, and after 6 on Sunday and 4 on Monday I have overdone it. Just had a banana for the first time since Dec to give me a boost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 21 people
Status
Not open for further replies.