Freestyle lite blood test strips manufacturing probs

Malcolm.Smith

Went to Boots yesterday to pick up my prescription if Freestyle lite strips and was only given one box. They tell me theres been a manufacturing problem and they dont know when they will get more in. Has anyone else experienced this?.

What should I do about replacements when this tub runs out in about a weeks time?.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Sorry to hear this - but this is why I try to keep 2 months supply of strips, lancets and insulin. Dreadful position in which to find oneself.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Malcom, check with the manufacturer as often pharmacies use this as an excuse when they are struggling to obtain the item from their supplier, I'd try another pharmacy if I were you but this would mean you getting another prescription from your Dr, but just explain to them that you only got one box of 50 with your last prescription.

Reactions: 2 people

Malcolm.Smith

Cheers for that guys. Just called boots now and they're in now. Nice of them to call and let me know!!. I had to buy a meter to see me through the bank holiday.

Unfortunately my GP will only give me 150 strips at a time which lasts me about 3 weeks. I was down to half my last pot and phoned up boots to ask why they havnt called to say they were in. Its then I learned about the manufacturing probs!.

They're communication is appalling