First annual review coming up

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, even though it's now 10 months since I joined our elite group, my surgery has called me in for a "chronic disease annual review" this coming Thursday as it seems they do them around birthdays- mine being in a month's time.
Think its a bit if an m.o.t? Was told it will be bloods, blood pressure etc- really keen to see what my hba1c will be now as it's over 3 months since I went meds free (first was just an increase of 1 point to 39) I've been told you need to go back for the results a week later but my nearest suitable appointment is may 11th ( may see if I can ring for the result though!)
My daily levels seem ok but I'm still experiencing the sudden waking middle of the night, all hot and heart pounding- that was what prompted my GP to stop my meds as he thought I may be going too low during the night, I said at the time I was in the mid 5's as I'd been testing to see.....today at 4am I tested and was 6.8! (I'd gone to bed on 5.9) 6.8 is normally my range for 2 hrs post meal, so it's obviously not a case of that! By 8am, after I'd managed to doze back off after 5.30am, I was a nice 5.7 fasting- so it's whatever is happening making me rise? Recent bloods for Hormones and thyroid came back "no further action" I'm obviously going to be mentioning this on Thursday!

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Well, even though it's now 10 months since I joined our elite group, my surgery has called me in for a "chronic disease annual review" this coming Thursday as it seems they do them around birthdays- mine being in a month's time.
Think its a bit if an m.o.t? Was told it will be bloods, blood pressure etc- really keen to see what my hba1c will be now as it's over 3 months since I went meds free (first was just an increase of 1 point to 39) I've been told you need to go back for the results a week later but my nearest suitable appointment is may 11th ( may see if I can ring for the result though!)
My daily levels seem ok but I'm still experiencing the sudden waking middle of the night, all hot and heart pounding- that was what prompted my GP to stop my meds as he thought I may be going too low during the night, I said at the time I was in the mid 5's as I'd been testing to see.....today at 4am I tested and was 6.8! (I'd gone to bed on 5.9) 6.8 is normally my range for 2 hrs post meal, so it's obviously not a case of that! By 8am, after I'd managed to doze back off after 5.30am, I was a nice 5.7 fasting- so it's whatever is happening making me rise? Recent bloods for Hormones and thyroid came back "no further action" I'm obviously going to be mentioning this on Thursday!
Hi kimbo, sounds like a night time liver dump,our subconscious....you may have been doing something very energetic( or dreaming about) an your liver gave you a shot !

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi kimbo, sounds like a night time liver dump,our subconscious....you may have been doing something very energetic( or dreaming about) an your liver gave you a shot !
If I was....It was most certainly a dream clive!! But I can't recall dreaming either!!

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well.....my feet are just fine, my BP absolutely spot on at 120/80- now to wait for the blood results, my appointment for that is monday 11th may but I said I will most likely ring Tues for hba1c part as I'm obviously kern to know the 3 months on from going non-meds bit!
I also saw my lovely dn as I had booked to see her before the annual review appointment came up, I wanted to get her view on my on-going waking up hot and heart pounding two or three times a night, when I rang for the bloods last month receptionist said Dr had marked them up as "no further action" and said I didn't need to see him, dn says I most certainly do if it's still happening, given I'm 52 (shh!!), it obviously hormonal but it shouldn't be causing me such awful nights! Once again, she was delighted with my on-going progress, her scales confirmed now over 6 1/2 stone lost- and again she asked if I could write her a book for her to show other patients who just plod on doing nothing to help themselves!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most surgeries won't give you actual numbers over the phone, just vague terms like 'normal' and 'no action needed'. I always get a printout, although this time they charged me 35p for the privilege and wrote out a paper receipt for the money!

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well.....my feet are just fine, my BP absolutely spot on at 120/80- now to wait for the blood results, my appointment for that is month may but I said I will most likely ring Tues for hba1c part as I'm obviously kern to know the 3 months on from going non-meds bit!
I also saw my lovely dn as I had booked to see her before the annual review appointment came up, I wanted to get her view on my on-going waking up hot and heart pounding two or three times a night, when I rang for the bloods last month receptionist said Dr had marked them up as "no further action" and said I didn't need to see him, dn says I most certainly do if it's still happening, given I'm 52 (shh!!), it obviously hormonal but it shouldn't be causing me such awful nights! Once again, she was delighted with my on-going progress, her scales confirmed now over 6 1/2 stone lost- and again she asked if I could write her a book for her to show other patients who just plod on doing nothing to help themselves!
Nice one. ASK for a print out. No further action tells you nothing. They can't refuse it.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well.....my feet are just fine, my BP absolutely spot on at 120/80- now to wait for the blood results, my appointment for that is monday 11th may but I said I will most likely ring Tues for hba1c part as I'm obviously kern to know the 3 months on from going non-meds bit!

Hi Kimbo1962

A lot of women (including confirmed non-diabetics) experience nighttime adrenaline rushes around peri/menopause so I think you could be right about it being hormonal.

Not sure if this helps you any but it may be worth a google - sadly most gps seem to know as much about peri/menopause as they do about appropriate diets for diabetics!

safi

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well.....today I phoned to see if my results are back ahead of my appointment on Monday.....I only wanted the hba1c and the result is.......still 39!! :p I really expected to have crept up bit as it's now almost 4 months since I went meds free - feeling just a little bit pleased with myself!!

Reactions: 12 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you andbreathe! I will get the rest on Monday of course, but this is the one I wanted most!

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well.....today I phoned to see if my results are back ahead of my appointment on Monday.....I only wanted the hba1c and the result is.......still 39!! :p I really expected to have crept up bit as it's now almost 4 months since I went meds free - feeling just a little bit pleased with myself!!

Awesome control, testament to fortitude and good health.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ahh....Thank you daks, I really don't know where my determination has come from, I do know it hasn't even seemed like I'm going without etc, lchf is certainly suiting me! My tastes have changed so much. I'm just so glad to have remained at 39 ;)

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Well done Kimbo. I might use your 39 as my target for my second 3 months.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Nice one Kimbo! :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Outstanding response, great to hear.
Hj