Possible placenta failure :( in hospital

Lolli24

Yeah I'm very pleased there is now a plan in place and I managed to hand express 10ml of milk which apparently is really good for a first go!! ️ I hope my induction isn't too horrific and coz im not full term there's a chance it won't work as well. I'm also not keen to have a sliding scale in labour but not sure of my other options. Now the effects of the steroids have worn off the hypos are back too xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's fantastic about the milk! I haven't tried to express any as I don't feel there's any there, so you're doing really well.

I've spent hours and hours googling about inductions because I've never had one before and it worries me, but I've read so many different stories that it just seems like luck how it'll work out. Some people don't have them until 42 wks and they don't work, and other people have them at 37 wks and they work quickly. I think it's all down to how your body reacts.

My consultant did say that if the pessary worked ok, they could then break my waters. I've had that done before and it does help labour along. So, for me, I'd choose that over the drip they often put up in inductions, Syntocin, it's called, or something like that.

So don't worry about the induction. I don't think it's any less likely to,work for,you. You won't be super-early, after all. I did read that it's good to keep as active as possible if you can as that can help too.

I'm sure you'll be fine :)

And sorry to hear the horrible hypos are back. I hope they're not too bad for,you.

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you've got a plan now. Can't wait for the pic. Good luck for Friday, even tho we've not met I'll be thinking of you. X

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck Tomorrow Lolli! I hope it goes well. When I was induced I spent the day walking up and down a flight of stairs in the hospital and it seemed to help. :) x

Lolli24

Good luck Tomorrow Lolli! I hope it goes well. When I was induced I spent the day walking up and down a flight of stairs in the hospital and it seemed to help. :) x

How did you find being induced with diabetes? I'm quite anxious and don't know what to expect xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fingers crossed for an easy induction for you today, Lolli XX

Lolli24

Hope all is going well for you and baby. xxx

Thanks cloe!

I wish It had been! But nevertheless I had her this morning at 10:28am via emergency c section weighing 6lbs 2oz. She is in special care but is doing so well. I haven't even held her yet so fingers crossed tomorrow I can!! thanks for all your support and advice through my pregnancy and I hope your little one is thriving xx
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1431204847.137801.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Congratulations Lolli!

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
congratulations :) I hope she is out of the special care unit soon

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks cloe!

I wish It had been! But nevertheless I had her this morning at 10:28am via emergency c section weighing 6lbs 2oz. She is in special care but is doing so well. I haven't even held her yet so fingers crossed tomorrow I can!! thanks for all your support and advice through my pregnancy and I hope your little one is thriving xx View attachment 13426

Congratulations, Lolli! I've been checking all day to see how things were going.

Your daughter looks beautiful. It must be stressful with her in special care but at least you know she's been looked after and monitored very thoroughly. I'm sure you'll be able to hold her soon *hugs*

I hope you're not feeling too uncomfortable after your c section. Look after yourself - apart from the section, you've had a stressful time recently.

I'm so happy your little girl is here safely and doing well. XXX