I just cant get my bs down!!!

smitha

Hi
I was wondering if anyone can shed some light for me? I just cant get my bs below 10!! It averages between 10-15!!! I am low-carbing, but the smallest amount of carbs just rockets my bs. This has never been the case previously, ive has good control. My morning readings are between 10-13, its hard to get my bs down, when they have started sooo high?
My recent hba1c was 9!!! The two previous were 6.9, and 6.4, and Im not doing anyhting different.
Any thoughts?
Im on 2x500mg glucophage sr with my evening meal.
Thanks
smitha

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Smitha,if you are truly not doing anything different then it is time to go to the doctor for a medication review.Have your portion sizes crept up? Sometimes we get complacent .Perhaps keeping a food diary for a week will show you where things are going wrong.

smitha

Thanks Sugarless Sue
I am due a diabetic review, so I will see what they say. Its just so frustrating!!! Im also getting alot of thrush due to regular high bs :cry:
Thanks for your reply

Spiral

How long has this been going on?

i'm not medically qualified, but in my experience with sudden change in just about any condition, if someone has an infection it really screws things up. Could you have an infection? Also, my mumbers last week were a bit abnormal because of my period.

Have you ruled this kind of thing out?

smitha

It could be a factor couldnt it? I have it on and off for about 3-4 months. I can get canesten from GP, but within a few days its back. Ive got my diabetes review on Weds, so Ill see what they say.
Thanks for your advice
smitha :D

smitha

hi
thats scared me a little. What makes you think that there is reason to test for T1? Obviously my high bs, but they have only been out of range for a couple of months.
smitha :?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
A type 1 can appear like a type 2 in the beginning (The honeymoon phase). Then when the initial phase passes, it shows its true colours.

gbtyke

hi
thats scared me a little. What makes you think that there is reason to test for T1? Obviously my high bs, but they have only been out of range for a couple of months.
smitha

Check my footnotes.

I insisted on the tests. If there are negative you have lost nothing ( except a little blood - but then again we are used to that aren't we?)