Severe denial

Vegman007

Hi, Firstly i would agree a trip to the doctor is a dam good idear, just tell him what you have told us.
Second i also agree with the last post I thank who ever invented the blue ones, lol, works better than ever now.

Graham1441 :twisted: :twisted:

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
and a word on circumcision, if nobody objects.

Whipping off the end of the 'auld fella' seems to be the advice of any old doc faced with patients with problems 'down below' (I'm a Midwife so I can say vagina but not penis). Before you consider this radical option, check out www.norm-uk.org/

A bit of informed choice goes a long way.

wiflib

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
....and yes, it does seem a bit radical, but then so are we.

wiflib

rottweilsteve

Dislikes
incorrect punctuation (see above), Otherwise dishonesty, discrimination, prejudicial behaviour. and general nastiness.
One for the guys...

The diabetes symptom that got me to the doctor was "down there". Pain on peeing, my piercing getting very sore, and what seemed to be phimosis. The problem turned out to be thrush, which makes perfect sense when you think about: all that excess sugar around for it to grow on... I'm on fluconazole as a prophylaxis (I also have HIV disease, and thrush is a regular visitor when my CD4 count goes down, but up till then always in my throat). Canesten cream cleared up the initial infection no bother, but although you can buy it over the counter, PLEASE get the doctor to take a swab to confirm thrush rather than self-medicate. (Besides, Canesten is bloody expensive!)

Steve

Meerekat

Hi all,

also new here - am in my 3rd month took me too months to admit there was a problem - but low carbs, exercise and medication are getting me in the rights direction.

First time I have Heard that Phimosis was related to Diabetes - Thought it was just me having a problem there! Doc never told me they were related - (he probably did not know) but also threatend me with the dreaded chop which scared me more than the diagnosis.
Good news is it has all settled down now and everything appears in working Order.

Key to this appears to be Diet - in particular cutting out the carbs - Have lost over a stone and BG down to 5.5 ish

Good luck Farang it does get easier
:| :|
MK