What's the weather doing to us all?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I have NEVER liked hot weather and even though I don't like cold either, I can put on an extra sweater.
This hot humid stuff makes me feel washed out. I don't really have the figure for tee- shirt and shorts, but it's as much as I can stand. BG control is holding up though and I will get the study rug washed, before I'm too hot to work. I'm going to take it outside to the patio and attack it with the pressure washer. If I wreck it, I don't care. It will give me an excuse to replace the ugly thing. That's why I'm certain it will survive

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Hana,
just make sure your bs is ok before attacking that rug, have a snack and phone handy, we've all read the nasty garden accident column and wouldn't want you to join it!!
Suzi x

hazey276

Hana, i'm the same i'm hardly eating anything but can't get my BS below 12 no matter what i do. I'm just so hot and bothered and the heat is a real issue for me so i can sympathise with your plight. The other day i went a full 24 hours and had only a tiny salad and my BS was 16.2 (yuk) :( :( :(

Thirsty

I look like the elephant man! BG levels only up slightly, but just enough to trigger an attack of sebhorreic dermatitis, which is both painful and embarrassing. I hate Summer. :|

iHs

hazey276 said:
Hana, i'm the same i'm hardly eating anything but can't get my BS below 12 no matter what i do. I'm just so hot and bothered and the heat is a real issue for me so i can sympathise with your plight. The other day i went a full 24 hours and had only a tiny salad and my BS was 16.2 (yuk) :( :( :(

Hazey unfortunately even using MDI, its important to eat regularly and bolus even though its baking hot and you dont feel like eating. If you dont eat your liver to come to the rescue more like and start pushing out glucose sending your bg levels up so dont let that happen - eat and bolus :)

I am off in a mo on the London Underground tube so will be taking 2 bottles of ice cold water, glucose rapidspray just in case, some pork pies so I dont have to pay the earth for food and of course my insulin pen.

Just in case there are people on here using twice day insulin, do be careful folks as the hot weather can cause those who inject and eat food as normal to go fairly low approx 1hr before your lunchtime sarni This doesnt happen to everyone though but its best to be cautious

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
i have never liked hot weather and it messes with my bloods, i had 2 hypos yesterday and wasnt doing any exercise etc so it was unexpected grrrr, :D

Reetpetite

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Crowds, traffic jams, pollution, housework
Hi all

Hot weather affecting me too! I notice that my bg levels are up slightly but nothing to worry about - just feel hot and sweaty and didn't get much sleep last night so feel fairly tired and lethargic today.

Am trying to drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration - hope everyone else is doing the same. Funny isn't it - we moan about not getting good weather and then when we do we moan about it being too hot!! Funny lot us brits. :lol:

I'm fortunate that I live by the sea and we have a bit of a breeze - however, its not cooling things down much today.

I'm gonna have a quiet day watching the tennis and drinking lots of cool, cold iced water.

salsasue

Have been taking walks either early in morning or about 7.00 or 8.00 pm at night as exercise and swimming too also eating salads etc. My bs levels are a bit higher than they had been so far but nothing to be worried about. I don't mind proper sunshine and heat but we've had humidity and mugginess specially at night which isn't pleasant, particularly as insects, and specifically horse-flies, obviously consider me as a great 'alfresco' dining experience! :roll: :? :!:

best wishes to all and take care,

Sue

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
Some of you lovely folks have misunderstood me
My BG CONTROL is holding up. I was in the 5s all day yesterday and so far today and I've scrubbed the rug( at least the pressure washer did it.)It's so ugly it's bound to survive. :lol:
Now I need to mop the floor under where the rug goes.. At least the study is on the North side of the house.

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
We were getting ready to blame the hot weather for our poor control, and now you've gone and pulled the rug out from under us, Hana. :D

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Jeez, you're never happy you lot!
We've been shrouded in fog for the last 3 days here. The only Sun we have is in tabloid format.
Still, holidays next week - off to get some Vit. D and keep the rickets at bay a while longer.

fergus

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
Hi Timo.
It's an ugly rug
I can't imagine what ever caused me to buy it.

chocoholic

This hot weather is playing having with my vocal chords.........well, okay it's not exactly the hot weather, it's more the yelling at the T.V. screen that's doing it......watching Andy Murray I do get very vocal! :lol: