Hba1c down from 58 to 39 in 3 month!

sue cope

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What is 'chronic' diabetes. Have I missed something, I'm just type 1.
Just what I thought - what is 'chronic diabetes' ? To my knowledge, diabetes is diabetes. I am type 2, I take over 200 units of Insulin a day, but I am no more diabetic than someone who takes 8 units a day, or whatever.

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
I think every case of Diabetes is "chronic"

maybe the difference should be described in degrees of "controlled" ....poor/well/super/shocking et al

Anyway well done on results :)

Reactions: 4 people

plonkish_

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes diabetes is described as a chronic illness. Basically an illness that can be controlled but not cured (some of us are trying to change that definition! )

PadraigH94

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos -_-
Well done! I've been a type one for about 3yrs now and over the past 6months brought my A1C from 60 to 54 so you must be doing exceptiionally well. Please share how you did this, I'd like to hear

Reactions: 2 people

Jojo1980

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done! I've been a type one for about 3yrs now and over the past 6months brought my A1C from 60 to 54 so you must be doing exceptiionally well. Please share how you did this, I'd like to hear
I followed the Newcastle diet for about three weeks but then started struggling because it was very repetitive. So then I just started eating about 800 calories a day, now up to about a thousand. Ive cut out all carbs and sugar. I have eaten the odd slice of bread but it makes my blood shoot up to 8-9! I'm still experimenting because I'm new, I tired three small boiled potatoes and discovered that is a no no!!! My weight loss has slowed right down but I feel so much better! I've also had the odd glass of red wine :)

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
i just started the Newcastle diet an dyes it is little hard but i am getting used to it Was a shock to find out i was diabetic, as i did not consider myself overweight as i only weighed 76kg