Miscarriage

vicki-louise

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I posted on forum back in April about my pregnancy but I have since had a silent miscarriage :-(

I was just wondering if anyone else has been through this with being type 1 and having pcos? I am totally devastated as have been trying for so long and just gutted.

Thanks in advance.

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So sorry to hear that. I hope you are ok physically and sending you big hugs. X

vicki-louise

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Jess, just struggling to take it in and was just hoping to maybe speak to some other people who has maybe been through similar or can give any advice for next time hopefully.

LindsayOz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm so sorry Vicki! I haven't gone through this personally, but my very good friend had three miscarriages before she finally got pregnant with her daughter. Her and her husband were trying for a couple years when these happened. However, she just had her daughter three weeks ago and she is perfect! Don't lose hope even though this is one of the most difficult things you'll go through. I'm sorry again!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Vicki - Louise ,so sorry hear of your loss. I haven't PCOS, but I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks pregnant, as the baby had died days before, It happened at home in my bedroom. Two years later, at 42 1/2 years old, I had my beautiful little baby girl, who is now a teenager.

Sending you a so sorry (((((((((HUG)))))))))

With love and best wishes RRB x

jade88

Hi vicki I recently had a miscarriage at 9 weeks - had bleeding and cramping had an early scan which confirmed I had lost the baby it was devastating and we were both distraught but if anything it has brought us closer as a couple! The only thing you can do is comfort each other and be hopeful for the future - you'll never forget the pain but hopefully it will get easier! Sorry for your loss hope you are doing well xxc

Reactions: 2 people

vicki-louise

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks everyone i was in the hospital today to get my operation so hopefully be able to move on now and hopefully in the future I will be pregnant again.

Xxx

sanchia07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So Sorry to read about your loss - there are really no words to describe the feeling - I have suffered 4 miscarriages at 8wks, 11wks, 21wks3days and 6wks all have had a massive impact on my life - I will continue to keep trying, with support from my partner and diabetic team. You will know when you are ready to try again, and emotionally and physically strong enough. I don't know what your control is like but the tighter the better. If you are under a diabetic team see of the have a pre-pregnancy team who can give you advice on all you can do to help, I think the hardest thing is that some times there are no answers and there is nothing you can do other than hope! I would strongly recommend the miscarriage association website, there is a good forum on there which I found some comfort from and defiantly some hope as there are also positive stories on there too.

vicki-louise

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear about your miscarriages too, it is just devastating and as u say nothing can make it any better.
Thanks I will have a look on this website and see what there is there to help me.

Thanks again for all the comments.

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
So very sorry to read your sad news , hugs xx