Can anyone help with a typical days diet of 5% Carb 20%protein and 75% fat??

Jillyp83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi

Can anyone help with the above really confused and worrying I am eating to much potein and not enough fat.

Thanks a million

J x

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You need one of those apps, like Myfitnesspal or cals and carbs or what they are called, there are several. You need to weigh and calculate for yourself in order to see what your actual intake of different macro nutrients is. Until you get the hang of, that is, not forever.

Jillyp83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have myfitnesspal and find it so confusing not very good with tech things.

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
I use myfitnesspal.
A typical day will be
First thing / pre breakfast; mixture of flaked almonds, sesame seeds, pecan nuts, golden linseeds and pumpkin seeds with around 100ml of double cream. One cup green tea.
Breakfast; two fried eggs and two rashers bacon fried in coconut oil with mushrooms and a small tomatoe fried in coconut oil
One cup buletproof coffee (30g coconut oil plus 30g butter plus desert spoon of double cream whisked together).
Lunch; rump steak with avocado, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoe, green olives and two table spoons of real mayonnaise
Dinner; 30g grated cheese salad with 2 x tablespoon real mayonnaise
Mostly water to drink, maybe a black coffe during the day.

Lunch may often be lamb or pork chops or salmon or roast beef maybe leafy veg instead of salad.
This comes to just over 3,000 calories (I am 6'-2"). This is my requirement to maintain my weight 12.5 stone, BMI is 22.
Myfitnesspal will predict your weight (either increase or decrease) when you input your food intake.
It is a bit complicated to input. I try to do it once per month. It takes around half an hour. But worth doing because it tells you your % fat / protein/ carbs and it tells you what vitamins you are lacking etc and predicts your weight, which I have found to be very accurate.

Reactions: 2 people

kesun

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't use any apps (discovered LCHF before they were invented!), but at first I ate meticulously to my meter: tested everything and noted the results, fiddled with my diet, re-tested and re-adjusted. Nowadays I seldom test because I know what I can eat.

My diet's similar to IanD's except that his lunch is my dinner and vice versa. Breakfast is either bacon and eggs or omelette with cheese and ham, lunch is salad, very often grated cheddar cheese with leaves and herbs from the garden and oliver oil with a splash of wine vinegar as the dressing or else either real mayonnaise or (occasionally) Hellmans full fat, which doesn't spike my blood. Dinner is meat and leafy veg with a glass of wine.

When I'm working, I take a ziplock bag of salad leaves and grated cheese and a little bottle of olive oil with a bit of vinegar and make lunch from them.

I don't like bullet-proof coffee, but I do drink a lot of coffee with double cream. For snacks during the day I have double cream with nuts and and a square of 80% chocolate broken into it.

Kate

Reactions: 3 people

Jillyp83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi Paul

I am trying to lose weight

Thanks
J

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've had a look back through my food diary and found a day that's close to your requirements at 68% fat, 27% protein and 5% carbs and 1261 calories.

Here's what I had

Breakfast
2 rashers of bacon
1 fried egg
70g closed cup mushrooms

Lunch
Herta jumbo hotdog (surprisingly low in carbs!)
Low carb tortilla (from amazon)
3g 50% less sugar ketchup
160g Sugar free jelly

Dinner
Home made chilli from following: Mince, tomatoes, chillies, hot chilli powder, double concentrate tomato puree on a bed of slim rice (basically water!)
Home made low carb clotted cream ice cream

snacks
Hot peperami
black coffee
No added sugar squash

Reactions: 4 people