Rheumatoid arthritis and Diabetes...how many Auto Immune conditions do you have...

J

Jonnyjibbsuk

So .....here's a question .....how many Auto immune issues do you have ???
Two for me ...just waiting fi the third ???

Only met one other on here with two ......what your count ?

J

Jonnyjibbsuk

Blooming eck

Ur the first I have meet with three !!! Wow and bummer

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Crikey !! Jonny. Many on here will have more than 1 autoimmune condition (problem). For instance I have rheumatoid arthritis, vitiligo, diabetes LADA, hypothyroidism, and of course there are the "Klingons", the other health problems which accompany these conditions, cardiac CHD, IHD, cysts on kidneys and so it goes on. Don't wait for the next problem to appear, just get on with your life, make the best of it, be as positive as you can. Enjoy.

J

Jonnyjibbsuk

Well I was just asking - so I know what other to expect lol
But mainly to see if there is a small pattern
Being if you get one your going to get another and if so what types are there out there with RA or diabetes etc
So at least I know

Reactions: 2 people

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm also being investigated for CF so basically my genes are ****. I dont think its bad to compare and contrast @Alanp35 its only a it of banter :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have Type 1, Coeliac, Oral Lichen Planus and Osteoporosis, which was under investigation but................. A large body of research suggests that the resorption phase is under the control of the immune system, cell mediated, and involves interaction of macrophages and T-lymphocytes. So that would be 4.

Best wishes RRB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm also being investigated for CF so basically my genes are ****. I dont think its bad to compare and contrast @Alanp35 its only a it of banter :)

I seem to have **** genes too that keep attacking me, but life goes on and the more I get thrown at me, the more I fight back.

Good question, as knowledge is power and that helps with keeping on top of things as we are always learning :cool:

Best wishes RRB:)

Reactions: 3 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Oh my, all I've got is diabetes. After reading these posts, I am very fortunate that's all I have to worry about and won't dare to feel sorry for myself anymore.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Type 1 diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Addison's, Coeliac, ME, Antibodies for pernicious anaemia and OA.
Looking on the bright side I have no diabetes complications :)

Reactions: 5 people

Cointreau

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Checking my blood.....
Diabetes T1, thyroid, psoriasis, totally fed up, does the last one count?!

M

mrspuddleduck

LADA type 1, autoimmune pancreatitis type 1, malabsorbsion, alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency, Igg4 disease, pernicious anaemia, osteoporosis, vit D deficiency, undefined connective tissue disorder, tmj with necrosis, stones in pancreas and kidneys, cyst on liver. COPD, neuropathy with left sided weakness, degeneration of the spine, chronic bursitis, chronic fatigue, optic migraine. Oh and I'm allergic to anaesetic!
Got a feeling I've forgotten one lol!!
Have to say Jonnyjibbsuk I am told that I am very rare so please dont let me scare you! :). Sue xxx

Last edited:

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Hello bells - I need to add another 5 to my list. I don't worry too much about them as there is nothing that I can do about them - just manage what I can with help from professionals. Life is still so, so good.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh my, all I've got is diabetes. After reading these posts, I am very fortunate that's all I have to worry about and won't dare to feel sorry for myself anymore.

Oh my, all I've got is diabetes.unquote,
that's enough for anyone June :wideyed: :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people
M

mrspuddleduck

I seem to have **** genes too that keep attacking me, but life goes on and the more I get thrown at me, the more I fight back.

Good question, as knowledge is power and that helps with keeping on top of things as we are always learning :cool:

Best wishes RRB:)

Think it also helps to be a stubborn old bat with a rather sick sense of humour - well that's what does it for me!! :). Sue xx

Reactions: 8 people