Positive. Panic has set in.

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, couple of days late for my period which is nothing unusual as I have PCOS. But thought I would check and see and it came back positive. Have since done 3 more and all positive. Me and OH have been trying for 3 years so its not like its unplanned but I am freaking the sh*t out. I was only diagnosed in February and ive still not sorted all of this diabetes stuff out. Someone please help me calm down. Any advise is welcome and really needed.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations!! give your GP a call tomorrow and ask to be referred to midwife and see your diabetic nurse too.

Reactions: 2 people

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had time to calm down a bit now. Very excited / worried though!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey. :)

Big big congratulations on your pregnancy , is a very exciting time but just as nerve racking too .
Are you on the higher dose of folic acid ? , and did you manage to get in contact with your gp to be referred to the hospital under the diabetes team ?
All you can do is do your best keep your sugars as close to target as you can , this doesn't always happen there will be highs and lows and it does get very frustrating at times , but once your little baby is here , you realise how worth it it all was .
Good luck , hope your journey goes well for you both x

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I spoke with my gp on the phone. Have a midwifes appointment on tuesday so will find out then. Im taking pregnacare each day at the moment. That has folic acid in it

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congrats Lexa! Hope it goes well with the midwife when you see her. You need to be on high dose folic acid (5mg not the 400mcg that is in pregnacare). Phone your Gp and ask them to get a prescription done for you ASAP as that is really important.
How're your blood sugars doing? Such an exciting time!
Hope it all goes well, enjoy it!
X