How much weight have YOU lost?

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now up to 32.3 kg lost with only 0.7 to go to reach my target weight - really happy with the progress and am now slowly increasing what I eat with a view to stabilising once I hit my target

View attachment 13326
I'm down to a 34" waist and wearing medium clothes for the first time in ages, I've started jogging and playing squash for the first time in ages (plus my 5 a side is played about twice the speed it used to be!)

In a weird way, getting diagnosed as a T2 back in November has been the best thing that could have happened to me as it made me evaluate where I was with my health and once I switched to LCHF things just started getting better - weight fell off, energy increased and aches and pains disappeared and I haven't felt as well as I do now for at least 20 years.

I feel the same. I wasn't terribly overweight when diagnosed but I have learned a lot and I am possibly fitter now than I have ever been, feel great and feel changes I have made via diet and exercise will pay more dividends in the future.

Reactions: 4 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My 11kg seem rather modest! But almost 25kg from my heaviest around 10 years ago.

Debs71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dieting, feeling tired, housework,
I have been on the LCHF for approx 3 months and ive lost 16lbs

Reactions: 6 people

Donna68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A total of 17.4 kilos have gone now. Just need to lose a little bit more, and then buy some new clothes.

Reactions: 8 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
I lost 4 stones between 2009 and 2011 . but I looked far too skinny for an older lady , so increased the carbs marginally , now been at a fair consistent weight for four years using low carb and medium fat :) Would like to increase the fat but suffer from bad reflux so medium is tolerable with the help of omeprazole ;)

Reactions: 2 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Went to doctors today for monthly check up and weigh in. Since November I've lost almost 16kg!!!

Reactions: 10 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Only just vit90. 12kg is better than none or putting weight on. :)

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only just vit90. 12kg is better than none or putting weight on. :)

What I'd do for another 4kg, though! It's really tough for me at the moment to get the last bit of weight off. 4kg would meet my current target.

Merrylizard1314

What I'd do for another 4kg, though! It's really tough for me at the moment to get the last bit of weight off. 4kg would meet my current target.

Don't be anxious to lose weight too quickly @vit90, sometimes it will lead to the release of catecholamines and free fatty acids into the bloodstream, and cause some hypertension and endothelial damage, which will take some time to repair.
Well done on your achievements so far.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't be anxious to lose weight too quickly @vit90, sometimes it will lead to the release of catecholamines and free fatty acids into the bloodstream, and cause some hypertension and endothelial damage, which will take some time to repair.
Well done on your achievements so far.

12kg in 6 months is about a pound week, so not excessive.

Lmm19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
I had an epiphany in January whilst speaking to my nurse at my surgery. She suggessted the low carb diet as my hba1c was up alot from last year (6.8 to 9.2!- I had a bad year). Something she said made sense and so I found this forum and after reading lots about LCHF, I started cutting the carbs.
I am now on 30 to 50 carbs a day and in four months have lost 11kg/24lbs. Also have taken up swimming and cycling along with the daily dog walks. I feel better than I have in years. BG is in range and diabetes is in much better control.
So I would like to thank all you helpful peeps out there for your knowledge and experiences. I wish I had looked up this site years ago.

:):D

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them
Been on LCHF for a week! But been diabetic for 50 years. Apparently I probably know more than the doctors and consultants, so fed up of hearing this but getting no help to lose a few kilos. I decided to go it alone. Have lost 4lb in a week and blood sugars are brilliant, happy.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks ...happy with that but so wish that the damned donut belly would go ...that perfect little circle of fat that never seems to shrink. I don't need to lose anymore weight but that donut has to go somehow. Eating very low carb...below 50 carbs a day

Reactions: 3 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks ...happy with that but so wish that the damned donut belly would go ...that perfect little circle of fat that never seems to shrink. I don't need to lose anymore weight but that donut has to go somehow. Eating very low carb...below 50 carbs a day
Situps x50 am and pm will shift it