Diabetic Charting Computer Programme

philg

Hi All

I have written a web application to record BG, Carbs and Injections and it is almost ready for beta testing. Use of the application will be free of charge initially but I need some help to get it up and running and to improve it.

Initially I need users to report any 'bugs' in the application and I will welcome any suggestions for modifications to improve it.

In the first instance it will be accessible from any web browser but is optimised for Internet Explorer and Safari. If you use an iPhone you will be automatically switched to a version of the site designed for the iPhone.

I have included the following insulin types:-

Apidra
Humalog
Humulin
Lantus
Lente
Levemir
Novolin
Novolog
Novomix
Novorapid

If anyone is using other types of insulin I would appreciate a pm with the name so that I can include it.

I will publish the address of the site here when it is published, probably in a couple of days.

Meanwhile thanks in advance to anyone who pm's insulin types.

Phil

acron^

Dislikes
Diabetes?
Hi Philg,

Nice to see a fellow coder 8) I work as a C++ programmer in Leamington Spa.

I'd be very keen to beta test the application but be wary; Diabetes.co.uk has its own web app called "myLifestyle" (although it's severly lacking in features). I'm not sure if you'll get any stick from then by advertising your own.

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
Hey philg, that's real cool man. How do you do that ? Takes me all my time just to get the thing started in the mornings ?

arjster

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Sundays!
Re: Diabetic Charting Computer Programme - Update

Hi Phil - looks good - is this similar to myLifestyle? I've been using that since October last year and can't say a bad word about it!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Phil.

Does it take into account other injectable drugs such as Byetta and medications ?

Ken.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Diabetes.co.uk has its own web app called "myLifestyle" (although it's severly lacking in features)

Acron, what features would you recommend we add to it :? ? We've asked for feedback from the community many times.

Anyone is welcome to suggest how we could improve MyLifestyle for the benefit of people with diabetes... we are all ears

To check it out: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/myLife/index.html

Best,

Admin

philg

Ken

I treated Byetta in the same way that I treated insuln.
I have not included medication in the programme as I feel that there is such a great range of meds used that it would be an impossible task to keep them up to date.
However I am working on a windows desktop application which does include medication as it is completely programmable by the user to their own needs.
The desktop version also includes a function for calculating the number of carbs in a meal and again the user can feed the application with any food item they want and once it is in their local database whenever they eat that item they can input the quantity and the application will calculate the carbs for all the items in a meal or snack.
The desktop version also handles different types of exercise and has more versatility in reporting.

Phil

iHs

Administrator said:
Diabetes.co.uk has its own web app called "myLifestyle" (although it's severly lacking in features)

Acron, what features would you recommend we add to it :? ? We've asked for feedback from the community many times.

Anyone is welcome to suggest how we could improve MyLifestyle for the benefit of people with diabetes... we are all ears

To check it out: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/myLife/index.html

Best,

Admin

Dan MyLife is ok for diabetics just wanting to chart only their bg levels down. Its not going to be ok though for those using insulin who need to adjust their bolus according to the amount of carb they eat. If they cannot chart their insulin doseage alongside their bg levels and amount of carb eaten, then MyLife is useless as far as I can see - Sorry :roll:

Sweet3x

Tried it this evening :)
Got an error message when I tried to add a meal - I saved it, if you need it? it was a bit big to post on here, though.
And when adding the insulin you use, how do you actually enter the types? There didn't appear to be a submit or save button. Maybe it's just my IE, though - upgraded to latest version this morning, and finding all sorts of problems with some sites I visit.

philg

Hi Sweet3x

Thanks for the info I have fixed the bug on the meal input screen. Sorry I hadn't tested that screen after I uploaded the latest version to the server and one of the files was corrupt. :evil: :evil: :evil:
On the 'add insulin' screen it is only intended for the user to select the types of insulin they use so that the list on the 'input injection' screen only has the relevant insulin types.
If your type of insulin is not on the list please send an email to the address on the site or pm me and I will add it.

Once again thanks for the bug report.

Phil

philg

Sweet3x

I have had a look at the insulin types screen and there is a bug which I have fixed. So if my response to your post about no save button did not make sense I am sorry :D :D .
If you try it again it should be OK now.

Phil

philg

Hi All

I have fixed a few bugs in the application and would appreciate feedback both positive and negative from anyone who uses the site.

Anyone who has any suggestions to improve the user experience please feel free to comment either by pm to me or to the email address on the site.

Thanks in anticipation.

Phil

philg

Re: Diabetic Charting Computer Programme-Update

Hi All

I have done a few modifications and added the ability to download the data in Xml and Csv formats.

I hope the site is easier to use now.

Phil

philg

Hi All

Have any of you any comments, good or bad, about the programme?

I am working on the fuller featured windows version and would like some feed back on the existing programme in order to make the windows version better.

For the information of anyone who is interested the windows version will allow you to record Cholesterol, Blood pressure, Weight, Exercise, Hba1c, Medication as well as the Blood Glucose, Insulin and Carbs that the web version records. It will also calculate carbs in a meal 'on the fly' and use data which you can input to suit your own lifestyle.

Thanks in advance

Phil