One Day.

ivm18

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
If one day there is a CURE, do you think everyone suffering from diabetes will be given a chance to have that CURE?

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Lol. Would depend on the cost, of course, as does everything with diabetes

ivm18

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
So even when there is a cure one day not everyone will benefit from it. And that is just UNFAIR!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Depends what it is. If it's cheap and largely self-administered, it will be available to all. If it's an expensive drug it will be administered by geographical lottery, as some other drugs are now.
(I don't need to be cured of my diabetes atm, so I'm happy as I am.)

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
So even when there is a cure one day not everyone will benefit from it. And that is just UNFAIR!

I'm sure if a cure becomes available it will be offered to all, treating diabetes and the complications that can come from this condition is a huge cost to the NHS.

ivm18

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
I think even if there's a cure, it would be elusive to many people. I wish i am billionaire! x

ivm18

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello @noblehead, Insulin and other equipments for managing diabetes should be meant for all people living with D, but sadly it is not the way it should be.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hello @noblehead, Insulin and other equipments for managing diabetes should be meant for all people living with D, but sadly it is not the way it should be.

Insulin is for all who need it, but other equipment such as test strips is sadly not and it is a postcode lottery, but there's little point in pre-empting what might happen until that day arrives, hopefully its not too far away :)

Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
If one day there is a CURE, do you think everyone suffering from diabetes will be given a chance to have that CURE?

Yes. It is an epidemic and growing, and largely, thru no fault of those that live with the condition.

Reactions: 2 people