What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mashed avocado and dark choc... For some extra calories and good fat.

Chia seeds n almond milk... Set in fridge... Looked gross... Neutral taste with some berries...

Normal fish n salad.

Never had chia seed n almond milk so no idea on carb value!!

Chia seed and almond milk is around 6g carb per 100g . A little vanilla or caramel essence is good in the mix, I add it to the mix while it's still in the blender :).

Signy

Reactions: 6 people
C

CheeseJunkie

Breakfast: home-made coarse-chopped guacamole: ripe avocado mashed with fork, half small onion finely chopped, juice of half lime, 1 large chilli finely chopped, large handful coarse-chopped coriander, generous coarse black pepper, tiny bit of finger-mashed coarse crystal salt.
Eaten with fork, no accompaniment needed.

Reactions: 8 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How does chia seed compare with flax/linseed? The nutritional data suggests chia has more carbs.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chia expands quite a bit as it absorbs a lot of liquid . So you don't need much of it. So, half a cup of ground chia plus 2 cups of almond milk makes three days worth of breakfast for me with a low carb count .:)

Signy

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Thanks @Heathenlass. I added vanilla essence too. Didn't put in blender just stirred it for a bit and put in fridge! Glad to hear it can stay in fridge for 3 days though.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I think mine goes for 5 days in the fridge, 50 g of seeds and 500 mls coffee.... there or there abouts...

Thankyou... I have to eat it.. Hubby put off by it looking like frog spawn. :):)

Reactions: 4 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Oopsie & brussels pate
L: Eggs fried in oil, sugar free jelly & cream
D: Smoked haddock soufflé with roasted asparagus - feeling really full!

Reactions: 4 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Bacon and protein powder pancakes
Afternoon: Went to a local multicultural festival - lots of temptations! I had a chicken kebab wrap with lots of salad and garlic mayo from the Polish BBQ but resisted the handmade fudge, crepes and the amazing looking lebanese flatbreads with falafel. Did have a teeny slice of pizza from the wood-fired oven too :sorry:Lots of walking around though so I'm not feeling too guilty!
MFP calculates 68g carbs (so far) for the day - I checked the packaging for the tortilla wrap at the BBQ stall so I could log it!

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch....big handful of spinach ...tomato...mackerel and a sprinkle of cheese.....(disgusting cos I hate mackerel ):yuck:

Dinner was a mixture of left overs....2 sausages..(97% meat) Mushrooms, half a small tin of tomatoes and a handful of spinach thrown in to wilt down.....a sprinkle of cheddar over it and surprisingly ...it was delicious :)
Fromage frais with ground flax seed and cinnamon ...tiny sprinkle of Splenda to sweeten :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tm6t7

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B Fage with 3 teaspoons of milled flaxseed and cinnamon..a bit too much flaxseed for the amount of yoghurt, still chewing :D

L some cheese

D will be chicken and cauliflower and sprouts...with the inevitable cheese sauce (never get tired of it!)

Reactions: 11 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Yesterday was a shocker , we had a barbeque with family and I couldn't resist the new potatoes, so am doing penance today ;)
Breakfast one boiled egg
Lunch an avocado with coleslaw
Tea will be tuna salad .

Reactions: 12 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B, chia seeds coffee and cocoa, with yog,nuts and straws
L, 3 egg omelette with two sausages
D, will be slow cooked pork, cabbage, sauerkraut and green beans in a tom sauce, glass of red wine

Reactions: 7 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Lunch....big handful of spinach ...tomato...mackerel and a sprinkle of cheese.....(disgusting cos I hate mackerel ):yuck:

Me too hating fish for 50 years.. But now eating it for for over 1/2 my meals. And mackeral too although hubby has to flake it over my salad so it doesn't still look like a fish!!
I can't cook anything that still looks like an animal.. I think fish was bad for me as my dad used to send me out target towing on tugboats when I was a child and the chaps on the tugboats would haul up loads of fish still alive and gasping for air and my dad had some dort of boiler outside for boiling lobster and crab alive if I recall correctly. Put me off fush for 50 years!

Found by flaking it I can tolerate now and I am old enough to now realise the benefits of fish oils...

It does get less yuchy!!! -lol. (Can't eat tinned ones though, only fresh ones). Can't see how tinned ones with a shelf life of two years can be healthy??

Reactions: 7 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Faggots with onion gravy, spinach, beans, broccoli and asparagus.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Question:

Why is fresh tuna so expensive compared to tuna tins?
Thought I'd look at buying fresh tuna today.. Not available in many places.. But £6.99 for minute pieces in Waitose.. So why are the tins of tuna so cheap and prolific?

I hope somebody can help me as now I've got into fish I'd really like to try tuna.. Tinned fish though I just can't fathom out how they grt their long sell by dates??

Reactions: 2 people