Accu-Check Mobile problems

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah but I don't use the case, meter just pops in my pocket with some test strips and a poker. My insulin pump is twice the size of the contour next meter.
Must admit like Anna I likened the accucheck meter to a house brick.

Lol. Someone once likened the A-C Mobile to "a naff mobile phone."

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Lol. Someone once likened the A-C Mobile to "a naff mobile phone."
True enough to likewise it to a brick built mobile .
I thought of it - like one of these .

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was given an AC Mobile by my DN but self fund the cassettes (buy them from eBay). As the cassettes are expensive I bought a Codefree. I use the Codefree all the time but keep the Mobile as a spare and from time to time use it to cross check the Codefree readings. I am currently doing this cross checking as there is some dispute about the Codefree strips reading high. I like the Mobile very much apart from the cost of the cassettes. I find it very convenient and easy to use. I also find it reads lower than the Codefree on 99% of readings by about 0.5mmol/l. It requires a bigger blood droplet than the Codefree, but up to now I haven't had any errors other than an odd "insufficient blood". I don't touch the strip with my finger as I am sure there is a warning about this somewhere in the original instructions, and it makes sense that if you do touch the strip it will be contaminated in some way no matter how clean the finger might be.

Reactions: 2 people

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I have been using my Accu-chek mobile for about 2 months and it seems much better than messing about with strips, The only errors I have had are, not enough blood and a faulty cassette message after a test which I believe is caused by putting too much blood on the strip and it seems capillary action then takes it around to the back of the strip and contaminates the meter as after phoning the care line and told to clean the window it works fine again.

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
I love the mobile. Have used it for last four years. There was a problem with cassettes earlier this year, not the meter. If you get a msg saying replace cassette, just open the back, and reclose. A lot of errors are caused by rubbing finger on test area. You just allow blob of blood to transfer across without touching the test area.

rubold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Accu-chek Mobile is very much like Marmite. You either love it or hate it. I am in the former category.

Reactions: 4 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
There was a problem with cassettes earlier this year, not the meter. If you get a msg saying replace cassette, just open the back, and reclose
There lies the problem the back could not be opened on the meter I was given.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have had the faulty cassette message about 5 times and have always thought when i've done these tests " oops too much blood" it's just an observation I've made the cassette always seems to run on a bit longer as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
You need to slide open the test area cover, before you can release the casette flap.
That was all tried. Easiest solution was nearest dustbin. This is just my opinion so each to his/her own, I found the meter to be the worst one I had ever tried since the 1980's when meters first became available.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had no problems whatsoever with my AccuChek Mobile. I've been using it since December last year. I wouldn't consider any other meter as the thought of having to carry around a pot of test strips, plus a lancet device, plus spare lancets, plus a meter sends shivers down my spine. For me, it's so much easier to have everything included in one device, even if it's bigger than others. No problems with errors or cassette issues from my end.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
No I would not say I have had any problem as such but I have only been using it for a couple of months, I hope my Doctor will keep prescribing the cassettes though as they are very expensive compared to my Micro-Dot blood testing meter strips £27 compared to £13.

rubold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No I would not say I have had any problem as such but I have only been using it for a couple of months, I hope my Doctor will keep prescribing the cassettes though as they are very expensive compared to my Micro-Dot blood testing meter strips £27 compared to £13.

They are much cheaper on ebay, last 2 casettes (100 tests) I bought were only £18. Expiry was well into 2017. I do get them on prescription but I like to keep some spare.