Michael Jackson - RIP

arjster

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Sundays!
Can't believe he's dead - received so many jokes but somehow I don't find them too funny... RIP Michael!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Sorry folks but keep the jokes for text or elsewhere ,not the forum!!!!

grum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Noise, Clutter, Shopping, Gardening.
I understand there have been loads of 'unfunny' jokes on the internet about Michael, removed accordingly.
I think it is sad that he wanted to change himself so much he was good looking as he was and would have improved with age I am sure (who or what was he trying to escape from).
Personally I thought he was a fantastic entertainer (yes I do have some of his music) he was a man with a little boy inside trying to escape and have a childhood he had never had the chance to enjoy.
Whatever else he was, perfectionist springs to mind. G

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Ignoring all the ridiculous antics and general tomfoolery, his music changed and defined a generation. Remember the music and nothing else. Very very talented. 8)

chocoholic

I was lucky enough to see Micahel twice in concert, in his heyday. They were the best concerts I ever went to....simply amazing. I was shocked and saddened at the news last week. He was too young to die. I saw his friend, Mark Lester, interviewed on T.V. after his death and his memories are far removed from those we were fed by the media.
Whatever folks might think of his weird way of dealing with things, he was still somebody's son, somebody's brother and somebody's father. I put myself in his family's shoes and feel for them.

ChocFish

I agree with you there choccy, his music doesnt appeal to me, but like most very famous people the media badgered him and were misinterpreting and distorting things, same as they did with Princess Diana, I met her several times through my work with homeless people, dont believe the rubbish the papers are writing, well the tabloids at least...

How is your voice choccy from all that yelling, I think a big bowl of strawberries with loads of cream is the cure or that :)

Love

Karen x

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I was listening to "The Man in the Mirror" when the news of his death came on. His music always moved me. Earth Song is about my favourite. His amazing techniques on the dancefloor and his expression of such joy in his performances which were amazing.

I hope he is now at peace.

grum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I see thinking about Michael brings out the best in people Karen including good things to eat.
Strawbs and cream mmm (glad about that cos I have them on breaky some days (without the cream though). G

dipsticky

Dislikes
Hypocrites and two faced people.
Nah. He wasn't all he was cracked up to be. Good music, but seriously messed up. How can you say the media hyped stuff. Read about him, he was no hero. Just somebody who was messed up when he was growing up. Shame he died though. Wouldn't wish that on anybody.

D.

chocoholic

Diana was a real stunner in the flesh, wasn't she Chocfish? My son gave her flowers when she came to visit a local cancer home, along with many others and she was so sweet and so stylish.
I think the media portray the likes of Diana and M.J. as THEY want us to perceive them.I never believed M.J. had anything other than an innocent caring towards children. His fault was naivety. None of us are perfect but we all know the media make things up to grab headlines.
Having seen the last rehearsal video on the news tonight, I hope that dispels one myth about his ability to still perform. He looked and sounded as good as ever.

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
chocoholic said:
Having seen the last rehearsal video on the news tonight, I hope that dispels one myth about his ability to still perform. He looked and sounded as good as ever.
I was interested to read recently that AEG (who were funding the O2 extravaganza) had stipulated in the contract the minimum number of minutes MJ was required to sing at each concert: 13. Yes, that's right: THIRTEEN MINUTES. Talk about managing expectations, he had an appalling reputation for disappointing his fans.

999sugarbabe

One less kiddie-fiddler on the planet :!:
I didn't like his music much (nor his morals), and am baffled that "fans" can't see anything wrong in what he did and got away with.
- Before anyone starts complaining at my comments, why would an innocent man pay $,$$$,$$$ compensation/hush money to a victim?
What is it about the yanks, if they're stinking rich and famous they can get away with anything?

Spiral

His music was brilliant, he was very, very talented. He didn't inhabit the same reality as the rest of us. I think I will be focusing on the music, as kegstore suggests, but I will talk to my son about the other stuff when he brings it up, because we just can't ignore it.

chocoholic

He was found not-guilty......as I recall.....and Jordy Chandler was proved to be a liar. Wherever there is somebody mega-rich, there'll be someone trying to make up things and make a fast buck. I read that Michael Jackson agreed to the payment because he just wanted the whole thing to be over and he felt humiliated by the things the police put him through, including a stripped session, with police photographing him (it was this that actually proved Jordy Chandler was lying....his evidence was disproven when Michael was stripped.)For a man that was incredibly private and shy, such treament must have been so humiliating and whilst I can see, there will be those who doubt the facts....either way.....I know what I believe.

Miasma

I am completely flabbergasted :(! I can't help but cry now when I listen to his music because it's such a waste of talent, I am really gutted that he lived and died by a tarnished name, I don't think for a second he was a paedophile or whatever, I just think he was naive and didn't understand the way the world works :(

grum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Strange how death seems to bring out the best and/or worse in people like the death of most who are famous one way or another and whom most of us have never met or know at personal level.
We can surmise from that which we hear and read what someone may or may not have been or done.
The media have a field day, usually when the person they are writing about can no longer answer back (funny that). I don't know that Michael did anything untoward and I'm not going to know for sure. I've no proof. End of.
He had a good side that is worth focusing on, like so often you can't really tell someone something if you don't know the answer and what most of us know is from media coverage (they always cover both sides of the coin just incase)but what's the truth.
I'm sure there are people out there who are still with us and some who have gone but have skeletons in the closet, we don't know, or is it only the well known who have erratic, disgusting depraved private lives!
Ok so I've lost the plot, I like music, all sorts, its entertaining, the singers/muscians entertain me, their private lives are private, if they are ever in the wrong take the consequences like the rest of us. We don't need to make cruel comments (though feel like it) I'm sure guilt would never really leave a person who has committed a crime.

shandromeda

Dislikes
grumpy people
A brilliant talent cut short,and if he had done what they say he did what mother would settle for any amount of money if their child had been hurt in that way,as a Mum myself no amount of money would of stopped me going all the way through the courts,i don't think he did it,he just paid them to leave him alone.I feel for his kids and family he wasn't just a star,shan x

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
I really felt sorry for him and the life he had to put up with. The facial surgury was too wierd though. One reason for this has leaked out though.....he didn't want to end up looking like his father!! They did one of those construct thing and aged him from before he started it and he looked so much like his father. I think that he was too naive for his own good. Too trusting of people and got stabbed in the back for it.
I want to know whether it's true about all the drugs they found after his death. :(