Not open for further replies.

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Has anyone else noticed that there is a new category now - "Rookie" and we all seem to have been changed. As an example, I started out as a "Newcomer", then became a "Regular" and then a "Senior". I've now gone back to "Regular" and some "Legends" have become "Senior". Would love to know how these categories are arrived at. TBH, I don't really mind what I'm called, even silly cow if it's applicable, I'm just curious as to how the system works.

I appreciate that this isn't really a question about diabetes, more about the forum, so hope it won't get deleted.

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
There must be some updates to the forum going on, this is the usual explanation when things change like this.

Reactions: 5 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am now a regular. I was a legend. I will always be a legend to me..:wacky: (feels like a song coming on)

Reactions: 13 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I was a legend!

Now I've been demoted to regular!

I'm weird!

I'm not a regular!

Come on guys, what's happening here?

Reactions: 7 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
I was a legend!

Now I've been demoted to regular!

I'm weird!

I'm not a regular!

Come on guys, what's happening here?
I didn't like to say "demoted" as I was trying to be tactful, but yes it does feel like a demotion. Although I said I don't mind what I'm called, I quite liked the title of "senior", but it appears to have disappeared altogether. How can you and I share the same status when you look at the number of your messages in comparison to mine. I do hope someone comes up with the explanation behind these changes.

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thanks June,, it would of been nice to of have a small notification on the forum as to why members status have been changed and so dramatically too :wideyed:

FAO :- @Administrator, @Giverny

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I didn't like to say "demoted" as I was trying to be tactful, but yes it does feel like a demotion. Although I said I don't mind what I'm called, I quite liked the title of "senior", but it appears to have disappeared altogether. How can you and I share the same status when you look at the number of your messages in comparison to mine. I do hope someone comes up with the explanation behind these changes.
There must be something going on, more than likely, some poster has had a moan, probably about nowt. And the forum mods or suchlike have decided to change it all again!
They still having fixed the personal details information on your page, I'm down as type 1 and on diet only, I have tried to change them but........

I'm not that bothered but if there has to be distinctions, then make them honorary.
I must admit I liked being a legend, cos I'm usually told I'm weird!:):rolleyes:

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Good luck with that June :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
There must be some updates to the forum going on, this is the usual explanation when things change like this.

Really, as others have said, looks and feels like some have been demoted :eek:

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, being regular can be a blessing as many of us fibre-fans know :sour:

Reactions: 12 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You have too, there's no way you're a regular like me.......................

I'm regular every day, but that was private, so how they found out, well :wideyed::eek:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
There must be something going on, more than likely, some poster has had a moan, probably about nowt. And the forum mods or suchlike have decided to change it all again!
They still having fixed the personal details information on your page, I'm down as type 1 and on diet only, I have tried to change them but........

I'm not that bothered but if there has to be distinctions, then make them honorary.
I must admit I liked being a legend, cos I'm usually told I'm weird!:):rolleyes:

That's the problem, members are left in the dark as to what is going on and asking why !! :mad:

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
I've just noticed that on the "Ask a Question" forum there is N/A in the right hand column. Oops, what have I done?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks June,, it would of been nice to of have a small notification on the forum as to why members status have been changed and so dramatically too :wideyed:

But moderators don't even know!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

There ought to be a 'unique' category for you, nosher.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've just noticed that on the "Ask a Question" forum there is N/A in the right hand column. Oops, what have I done?

Your thread has been moved. Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.