Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola

Decided to hold fire on testing til later in the day whilst having only water and coffee.

So 7.3 fasting at 12.00 today. That didn't work then.

Reactions: 12 people

Gabe86

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all have been away for a while I'm back and I slipped a little 10.9 thus morning.

Reactions: 13 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.3 fasting this morning. Can't be too surprised after last night's celebration; close to 100g carbs in the end. Back on the straight and narrow today. Still managing good activity levels; averaging over 10,000 steps for the last three days. Aiming for 10,000 today. Weight still creeping down and am now 11st 10.75lbs, almost to my recent lowest of 11st 10 lbs.

Edit - the sharp-eyed among you will be relieved to hear that my lowest weight was not 1st 10lbs but 11st 10lbs :)

Edit 2 - Gory details of last night's anniversary meal carbs: Side order of sweet potato fries, 50g carbs, 2 glasses of Prosecco, 4g (surprised when I looked this up as I thought it would be more than 2g a glass), batter on some battered prawns and chicken strips - 10g esitmated, and one light beer - 5g, so that's 69g carbs, so much less than 100g I feared!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 16 people
S

Sable_Jan

6.2 this morning. I have been absent from parade recently due to the birth of my gorgeous grandson. Back on it now. Blood test at the medical practise today, eagerly awaiting results at diabetic clinic next week. The practise nurse went in a bit of a huff when I refused a meeting with the dietician.
Congratulations :)

S

Sable_Jan

Hi gang, 5.4 yesterday and didn't test today. Back to usual breakfast so wasn't too fussed doing pre and post... Dropping out of this thread for now...so many of us and dipping in lots more threads so can't keep up.... I'm sure I shall see you all elsewhere.... X

Reactions: 19 people

Merrylizard1314

Friday, 2.45am. BGL 4.6 Just got home, about to have an "early" night. Glad to see so many doing well.
@scottish-jim when I got that bad chocolate craving, I found that some soluble magnesium in a large glass of water was good at quelling it.

Reactions: 20 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 5.2 first day back to work after getting the headaches sorted.

Reactions: 16 people
Status
Not open for further replies.