Wife of Diabetic. Breakfasts?

w.o.d

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! I am new to the forum and am a WOD - Wife of Diabetic! My hubby is doing really well with managing his diabetes but is struggling to find a better breakfast. He always has a high spike after breakfast (he enjoys sugary cereal!) so is wanting something that will release carbs more slowly. I have googled slow release breakfasts and all I find is porridge which he is not keen on (because it involves cooking). Any other suggestions? :)

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I sometimes whip up one egg in a cup, heat a little butter in a tiny fry pan, pour in the egg and let it cook for a minute. Doesn't need turning or anything done to it. Very quick, easy, and non-messy and I serve it with grated cheese.

What about Greek yoghurt with blueberries (you could buy a packet of frozen ones from the supermarket, and just tip a few into the yoghurt, they don't need to be thawed), with added chopped nuts, vanilla and cinnamon?

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi and welcome
I normally have oats to go 2 mins in the microwave .bacon egg and tomatoes of a weekend .

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can have sausages but be sure to check the carbs on it some of the cheaper ones are loaded with it even richmonds although they are not really cheap. Bacon eggs fritata cold meats cheese

Frances_ann

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Onions , Garlic , Curry
Hello! I am new to the forum and am a WOD - Wife of Diabetic! My hubby is doing really well with managing his diabetes but is struggling to find a better breakfast. He always has a high spike after breakfast (he enjoys sugary cereal!) so is wanting something that will release carbs more slowly. I have googled slow release breakfasts and all I find is porridge which he is not keen on (because it involves cooking). Any other suggestions? :)
I like full fat greek yoghurt with mixed berries - the yoghurt fills you up- its really nice. If your husband finds the berries a bit tart he could sprinkle with a little Truvia or Splenda