Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oops just seen your posting re small lidl that is a shame. I'm also tryng those no carbs rice and pasta thingys so will post about those too, the downside is they are expensive.

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Know the feeling Gezzabell, seriously though give lidl high protein rolls a try, they are far lower in carbs than a baguette and probably won't spike you as very high in fibre so will take longer to digest.
Will try them tomorrow....made a big mistake...BG went up double what it usually is and still rising :(....never seen it this high :(

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dont worry Gezzabelle although people test sugars for up to 2 houes after ingesting food it actually takes four hours for it to be completely digested. Hopefully you will see it start to drop, what are you taking currently?

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Mine was 6.2 at 10.00 hrs.

Bit higher than I like to see but not too bad..

Reactions: 11 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dont worry Gezzabelle although people test sugars for up to 2 houes after ingesting food it actually takes four hours for it to be completely digested. Hopefully you will see it start to drop, what are you taking currently?
im not on medication...just doing diet and exercise....and it finally came down to 6.1 5 hours later so not so bad...won't make that mistake again of thinking i can eat ''pre diabetic'' food and get away with it lol

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oops just seen your posting re small lidl that is a shame. I'm also tryng those no carbs rice and pasta thingys so will post about those too, the downside is they are expensive.
They stock most everything and I got the High protein rolls there so am happy....just hope they dont spike me haha

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hopefully they wont and so pleased that your sugars have come down. Hope you enjoy them, they are a real treat for me.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hopefully they wont and so pleased that your sugars have come down. Hope you enjoy them, they are a real treat for me.
Let you know tomorrow.....probably have half a one for lunch with bacon and egg on it :D..and thank you....I was so relieved to see it drop

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have become the owner of an iPad, ooh yes thinks me I can get this forum on a bigger screen.( currently using my kindle) the only thing is I can't find it. I have downloaded the dcuk forum app which is a different format with thousands of threads except the one I want... this one. Any ideas anyone?

Sucess!! I remembered what I did to get it on my kindle and did the same here, and lookee here, here I am large as life and twice as ugly:);):D

Last edited by a moderator:

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done:) sounds like your doing really well. My weight has gone down to 11 stone (70kg) and is not moving at the moment
That's really good loulou you sound like you are doing really well yourself. My weight has plateaud a bit I hover around 10st 12lb but as I haven't exactly been behaving recently I'm just glad I haven't put it on.

Bewildered

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, I think I hit the DP around 4am, woke up feeling a bit odd, went back to sleep...
Pre bed 5.1 mmols/L
Fasting 6.4 mmols/L (starting day 4 ND)

Reactions: 12 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.2 this am .....raining outside I wonder if the weather has anything to do with our levels .....o_O

Reactions: 11 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 this morning going to church then on to Bluewater with Dad and my little brother:)

Status
Not open for further replies.