What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
S Squares of almond cheese bread as per forum recipe plus flaxseed, chia and walnuts; 4 eggs instead of 3. Nice with Meridian yeast extract (low-salt Marmitey spread)

What cheese did you use for the almond cheese bread DeeJay? I found cheddar too much ...

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
What cheese did you use for the almond cheese bread DeeJay? I found cheddar too much ...
I used Cathedral "mature yet mellow" cheddar and can hardly taste it. What did you use? Maybe we should swap.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr B is an evil sadist and made up some peach and vanilla Easiyo, then left it standing in the fridge, and what is more, he left it in plain sight.

Clearly an act of deliberate malevolence.

However, thanks to one of you guys, I think I have foiled his dastardly plan!
Can't remember which of you suggested this (sorry whoeveryouare), but I mixed the yog with cinnamon, ground flax seeds and then dolloped in some double cream.

Delish.

Now I'm waiting for the 1 and 2 hr tests... :nailbiting:

Reactions: 8 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used Cathedral "mature yet mellow" cheddar and can hardly taste it. What did you use? Maybe we should swap.
Asda own brand mature cheddar. Are we both using the recipe from the Soup thread that I copied onto here? Maybe I have very sensitive taste-buds??

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
YES!!!

Pre-brekkie was 7.1 (thanks a million, dawn phenomenon)
1hr was 7.4 (looking hopeful)
2 hr was 6.3 (that is what I call a good result!)

15509.gif

Yog is now back on the menu!
]

Reactions: 9 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
YES!!!

Pre-brekkie was 7.1 (thanks a million, dawn phenomenon)
1hr was 7.4 (looking hopeful)
2 hr was 6.3 (that is what I call a good result!)

15509.gif

Yog is now back on the menu!
]
Was it peach flavoured, or did it have pieces of the fruit inside? And was it sweetened? I've never used an Easi-Yo, just made plain yog in a slow-cooker type of vessel, so not sure how it works.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was this one:

http://www.easiyoshop.co.uk/easiyo-vanilla-peach--bits-yoghurt-new-1135-p.asp

Which is real fruit and has some added sugar - which is why I don't usually go anywhere near them!
Normally I just use the Greek ones, or go without.
No matter how gorgeous they are, I have learned that yog spikes me, especially at breakfast.
I'm so happy.

If you already have a yog maker, then you can just buy an Easiyo sachet, mix it up, and put it in your usual yog maker, I think.
They are delicious.

At the moment, I'm hatching a plot to make my own coconut milk yog using the Easiyo maker, and a spoon of the Easiyo yog as the starter culture...

Reactions: 7 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Breakfast Greek yogurt with strawberries
Lunch Tuna salad
Tea Chilli with a tiny helping of organic brown rice

Reactions: 2 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I've lapsed for a couple of months and have been paying for it so I'm back on the LCHF plan. I'm taking things slowly so I'm doing moderate carbs for now until I find out what works best for me.

B Full fat Greek yoghurt with fresh raspberries and blueberries
L Cheese salad sandwich with Burgen bread, Medium cheddar, Iceberg lettuce and a dollop of mayo :)
S handful of brazil nuts, granny smith apple
D Chicken and mushroom stir fry using half a bag of Sainsbury's basics stir fry veg with extra red pepper and tomato

Reactions: 5 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Celeriac for first time ever... (plus steak, spinach, beans, peas and brocolli with peppercorn sauce).

Loved the mashed celeriac. Absolutely yummy

Reactions: 4 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: fried bacon, mushrooms, spinach & egg

L: tuna and avocado salad (with cuke, lettuce, capers & black olives)

D: chicken Provencale (peppers, courgette, tomatoes, green olives)

Reactions: 7 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Coffee
L: Homemade celery soup with double cream and a tuna & egg salad
D: Cauliflower cheese with a boiled egg added in, sugar free blueberry muffin & cream

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, interesting late development after my yogurt breakfast - nearly had a hypo at 3.5 hrs.
The dog walk will have had an impact, of course, but I need to test it out again before I am confident putting it back on the menu.

L: starter, chicken wings, no sticky sauce. Main, 8 oz steak, mushroom, grilled tom, peppers, half portion of disappointing chips. 1 profiterole the size of a large marble. Not something I would bother with again.

D: may have berries and cream. Definitely don't need much.

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Loved my first tjme eating ceriac, but heck it is causing probs in my stomach.-as this was only difference to my normal weeekend eating I can only assume this is the cause.

Thought it was meant to aide digestion but it feels like its wedged in and expanded and got stuck in my intestine. Only wheatie products do this to me normally...
Guess it serves me right for going back for seconds!!!

Tm6t7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday....
B Bacon egg mushrooms and coffee with double cream
L Ham and cheese with two small cheddar crackers
D Chicken salad followed by Fage with flaxseed, cinnamon and a dusting of 85% chocolate.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Loved my first tjme eating ceriac, but heck it is causing probs in my stomach.-as this was only difference to my normal weeekend eating I can only assume this is the cause.

Thought it was meant to aide digestion but it feels like its wedged in and expanded and got stuck in my intestine. Only wheatie products do this to me normally...
Guess it serves me right for going back for seconds!!!

DD - I found celeriac made me a little windy first time I tried it. To be honest, I had eaten quite a mountain, due to its deliciousness, and I would have had the same impact from Brussel Sprouts. Maybe something similar for yourself?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
DD - I found celeriac made me a little windy first time I tried it. To be honest, I had eaten quite a mountain, due to its deliciousness, and I would have had the same impact from Brussel Sprouts. Maybe something similar for yourself?

Hubby felt windy but wasn't!! (Can't work that out myself) but I had 5hrs of pain as it travelled tbrough me. I have SCT but was surprised a veg could do this to me. I did love the taste.

Hubby refuses to eat anymore, so I have another helping tonight with the same veg but different meat.

I love trying newfood since being advised on avocado and olives. Willbe so disappointed if I can't eat this.

Love plain fresh mackeral now....