What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Seeing as this has been broached, the single thing I'm having most trouble with on a lower carb regime is wind. Of the trapped variety. I think it must have been bread that was helping it to make an appearance and without it, it's remaining painfully trapped. I've been doing a bit of trial and error to see what makes it worse or improves it, but haven't got it sussed yet.

I have found that the format of food seems - at least for me - to have an impact on how I respond to it. I eat a Cauliflower a week in cheese sauce for lunches, but if I mash it and use the same ingredients, it makes me feel horrible. So maybe in a different format you'd be okay with it.

My breakfast was a scrambled cheesy egg on toast and Greek yogurt with seeds, black coffee.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Aaaah, thats interesting.... This celeriac was mashed (will be today-as left overs). Think hubby (not good with his explanations had trapped wind) mine seemed to go into a solid state in my lower half and cos I'm so lean I could follow it though my left side through my lower abdomen.

Thank you.. Just mentioned trapped wind to hubby and he said "yes thats it". All during the night though.. An awful night sleep.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My mother tells an endearingly cute story (well, she thinks it is - I'm not so sure!) about how when she was breast feeding me, and ate cauliflower, I was the one who got the wind, not her.

I kid you not.

She has told this story at nearly every time she has seen cauliflower, for nearly 50 years, so I assume there must be some truth in it.

See my gritted teeth? -> :bored:

Reactions: 8 people

Tm6t7

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B Boiled egg followed by Fage and cinnamon
S 2 small cheddar crackers with ham and cheese...won't be doing that again...BS went to 7.9!!!!!
L Olives and feta cheese with mackerel
D Will be stir fry pork, chorizo, onion, garlic and peppers with salad

Reactions: 6 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Just had a bowl of home made veg soup and oopsies a bit chuffed as I made them my self :happy:

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Breakfast Lots of coffee with cream
Lunch tinned salmon and avocado
Tea just finished roast chicken, salad and celeriac chips . I ate celeriac yesterday too and have felt a bit off the hooks today , not tummy ache as such but a horrible bloated feeling, bet its the celeriac and I`ve just eaten more of it :(

Reactions: 9 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just ate my leftover celeriac!! Hoping that I won't get the same effects as last night. Hubby didn't have so will be interesting...

Reactions: 4 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B Whole grain oats with all the trimmings again, and again same 2 hrs after as before (5.6).
L (Transport caff) 2 fried eggs, bacon, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms; forgot to ask for no milk in the first cup of coffee. That might be what pushed me up to 6.4, 2 hrs after. Or not.
S (on returning from allotment) Almond bread squares with cheese & sun-dried tomatoes from the spiced oil jar.
D Fish in coconut curry sauce, green beans, broad beans. It was cheap river cobbler fish (Tesco) which Mrs DeeJay refused to finish on the grounds that it came out of a Vietnamese river and tasted like a cross between flannel and fish roe. So I got seconds and she'll be cheese-on-toasting in the middle of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell :joyful:

Reactions: 11 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: boiled egg, camembert, radishes

L: flaxseed pizza with mushroom, pepper, chorizo & bacon

D: roast pork, sauteed greens

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
B Whole grain oats with all the trimmings again, and again same 2 hrs after as before (5.6).
L (Transport caff) 2 fried eggs, bacon, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms; forgot to ask for no milk in the first cup of coffee. That might be what pushed me up to 6.4, 2 hrs after. Or not.
S (on returning from allotment) Almond bread squares with cheese & sun-dried tomatoes from the spiced oil jar.
D Fish in coconut curry sauce, green beans, broad beans. It was cheap river cobbler fish (Tesco) which Mrs DeeJay refused to finish on the grounds that it came out of a Vietnamese river and tasted like a cross between flannel and fish roe. So I got seconds and she'll be cheese-on-toasting in the middle of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell :joyful:
That's not fair I like river cobbler but there is not enough of it couldn't get down the allotment today to much rain :(

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You mean so much rain you can catch river cobbler on the allotment?
I must be cooking it wrong.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast ...coffee
Lunch...Tinned salmon, spinach, tomato and mayo half a Lidl High protein roll...........delicious and no spike :)
Dinner ...cheese omelette with spinach , tomato and mayo
low carb jelly

Reactions: 3 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Yogurt with cinnamon and double cream
L: Almond cheese scones with guacamole, green smoothie
D: Left over roast chicken with cauliflower egg salad, sugar free jelly, sugar free macaroon with cream

Reactions: 3 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast ....coffee
Lunch Tuna, spinach,tomato,mayo and half a High protein Lidl roll with butter
Dinner....Turkey breast slice, cauliflower, broccoli and tiny bit of thin gravy
Raspberries, Fage and flax seed

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: boiled egg, 1/2 pepper filled with cottage cheese

L: beef broth/stock, L/O roast pork with creamy greens

D: meatloaf (wrapped in bacon, yum!)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee with cream
S: 9bar
L: beef burger with pointy red pepper, no bun
D: chicken breast stuffed with Stilton and wrapped in bacon, field mushroom in butter and an onion bhaji. Felt I needed a treat after a hard days work. To be followed shortly by rhubarb and strawberries with double cream.

Reactions: 9 people

JMW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)
How would I go about, seeing various carb diets. The dietician utilized by my insurance co. Is more of holistic nature.
Thank You. Julie

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I made a sugar free ice cream today, and ate a portion of it as a dessert this evening.
It was ..........
GRIM. :eek::eek::eek:

Never mind, back to the drawing board, :banghead: , I will get there. :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Chocolate n avocado mousse... Yummy, it certainly was!!