Films that make you cry....

Topmansmithy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
modern life
The Colour Purple, Steel Magnolias, all Little House On The Prairies (sob) Marley & me ET my youngest was 8 when ET hit the screen and I didn't really want to take him and his sister, I moaned at what a silly film it seemed..........I was the only one with tears at the end :rolleyes:
I know what you mean about Little House on the Prairie- we recently got the DVD's out of the library and watched them with our kids who had never seen them - the story when Mary went blind was so sad..........

Reactions: 4 people

silverbirch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Natalie1974 Just read the review on Amazon about "The Notebook" and thought this sounds like my kind of film, I might have to buy it but before I do I'll check on TV. Well lo and behold it's on tele tonight at 23.00 on Channel 410 SkyDramaRom. How amazing is that. Lol

C

chris lowe

Schindlers List, War Horse, an old Disney film The Incredible Journey. Rocky Horror Picture show makes me cry with laughter - does that count?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Green Mile (tried to immunise myself against it by watching it several times. Didn't work. Now I avoid it)

Color Purple. I just wish they spelled the title properly ;)

The Last Samurai. The plot annoyed me. The lead annoyed me. Yet still I blubbed hysterically. It was so bad my face was swollen 24 hrs later and I had to pretend I had hay fever at work the next day. Still don't understand what the trigger was, but I will never put myself through that again!

Oh, and Free Willy. I've only seen the last 3 mins, but that was enough.

Can't watch horse races either. Ordinary televised races like Ascot and the Grand National. Just seeing the horses pelting round the track and I'm seeping and simpering. The same for those vet programs. The ones where a presenter watches a rescued dog get re homed, or a kitten get a claw clipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Natalie1974 Just read the review on Amazon about "The Notebook" and thought this sounds like my kind of film, I might have to buy it but before I do I'll check on TV. Well lo and behold it's on tele tonight at 23.00 on Channel 410 SkyDramaRom. How amazing is that. Lol

Get the tissues ready...it's a lovely film and quite cleverly done...I don't have sky but I do have it on DVD and the bonus of having the house to myself tonight...so I might indulge myself and pop it on

Another one to look out for is 'The Impossible' I watched this yesterday and cried like a baby the whole way through...a very powerful film.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I came out of "Last Year at Marienbad" in tears, but that was mostly because I'd wasted a fiver to watch Possibly The Most Boring Film Ever Made :)

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Green Mile (tried to immunise myself against it by watching it several times. Didn't work. Now I avoid it)

Color Purple. I just wish they spelled the title properly ;)

The Last Samurai. The plot annoyed me. The lead annoyed me. Yet still I blubbed hysterically. It was so bad my face was swollen 24 hrs later and I had to pretend I had hay fever at work the next day. Still don't understand what the trigger was, but I will never put myself through that again!

Oh, and Free Willy. I've only seen the last 3 mins, but that was enough.

Can't watch horse races either. Ordinary televised races like Ascot and the Grand National. Just seeing the horses pelting round the track and I'm seeping and simpering. The same for those vet programs. The ones where a presenter watches a rescued dog get re homed, or a kitten get a claw clipped.
As far as the vet programmes go, ever thought you might have an aversion to Rolf Harris??

C

chris lowe

Breakfast at Tiffany's at the end where it's pouring with rain and Audrey Hepburn is looking for the cat who is soaking wet.

C

chris lowe

And My Fair Lady,where Rex Harrison is on his own & singing I've Grown Accustomed to her Face.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Beaches film always gets my tears flowing .
Wind beneath my wings song guarantees the tears too .

War Horse and Schindlers List films made me weepy .
As they were real life related films they spiritually moved me too .
Found them both very humbling .

Oliver Twist too as a young girl used to get me wailing .

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
One of the best and most powerful films ever made, the end always gets me when Private Ryan is standing over Captain John Millers (Tom Hanks) grave as an old man and Ryan turns to his family and asks if he has been a good man.
Yep must admit that bit got to me to ever since I when to see the family graves at Normandy

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
It's got to be Spartacus when Kirk Douglas is semiconscious on his cross and his wife comes out of the gates of Rome and holds up his baby which he has never seen. Then she leaves, looking back and praying that he will die quickly so that his suffering will end.
When I saw that on its original release a girl in front of us was in hysterics, crying her eyes out and unable to get up to leave.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
The Colour Purple is a film that always does it for me.