Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

5.5 this morning.

Reactions: 18 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
6.9 this morning. Going down but I wish it would stay down :(

Reactions: 14 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
I doubt it..still trying to get some ;)

Reactions: 2 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe so. I am just saying that I, like many of us here (most?) reject the old advice of eating good carbs at the same time as trying to limit fat and throw in medication as well. Anyway here is the person in question,Dr.Brian Mowll, recommending, among other things, keeping meals to within a 6 hour period each day:

I don't want to simply manage my expectations with my condition at this stage. Until I have exhausted all possibilities I will work as hard as I can to reverse* the condition, which many have succeeded. This requires motivation, which is why I don't want people who seem to have accepted their condition - even if they don't realise it - trying to undermine that commitment, especially if they unceremoniously reject my comments based on good intention in the first place.

Diabetes is not walk in the park and does require a degree of hard work and some discomfort if one wants to try to reverse it.

*Just to clarify, my use of the term 'reverse' does not mean a 100% cure. My goal is to restore insulin sensitivity so that I don't have to worry too much about reacting negativeky to a sensible moderate carb diet in the future. There is no way that going back to my then 'sensible' low fat high carb diet would at all be acceptable and I will need to maintain a much higher degree of physical activity and fitness than was the case up until last year. Weight and the related body fat levels are the key so I will be watching my diet and fitness along with weight for the rest of my life.

I would also like to reverse or get my diabetes into remission. I've been really interested in those who have done the Newcastle diet but I've just tried to start by weight loss and exercise. For me this seems to be working as HbA1c has gone from 95 Feb 2015 on diagnosis to 50 May 2015. I feel my blood sugars are starting to come under control though still a very long way to go. My BMI has gone from 25 to 21.4. I'm not overweight but I do need to lose a bit more round my waist so I'm working on that. At least the nurse is no longer suggesting I have to go on medication for my diabetes as she said she thought my blood sugars were too low at times. So I'm reading what other people are doing to give me ideas. I'm sure different things work for different people so thank you to all who post and I hope you find what works for you.

Reactions: 9 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning.....highest ever and no clue why :(......dropped to 5.2 within 2 hours of getting up :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 21 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would also like to reverse or get my diabetes into remission. I've been really interested in those who have done the Newcastle diet but I've just tried to start by weight loss and exercise. For me this seems to be working as HbA1c has gone from 95 Feb 2015 on diagnosis to 50 May 2015. I feel my blood sugars are starting to come under control though still a very long way to go. My BMI has gone from 25 to 21.4. I'm not overweight but I do need to lose a bit more round my waist so I'm working on that. At least the nurse is no longer suggesting I have to go on medication for my diabetes as she said she thought my blood sugars were too low at times. So I'm reading what other people are doing to give me ideas. I'm sure different things work for different people so thank you to all who post and I hope you find what works for you.

With a BMI of 21.4, depending on your build and (genetic) background you could almost be there. Maybe you need to look at strategies for improving insulin sensitivity in particular.

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
Haven't eaten since 11am ,blood now 15.1.Ihad a small piece of toast, wholemeal.

Reactions: 2 people

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
Very high for me.Thirst and bathroom,a lot like 3 years when I was first diagnosed

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.