Second Diabetic Clinic Appointment

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Got the results of my blood test and my Hbac1 is down from 73 three months ago to 43. I am really chuffed at this. I put the success down to everything I learned on this forum and to the advice I received from the good people here. The practice nurse however seems to be taking the glory, she thinks it is her advice which has helped me control my diabetes. I was too happy to put her right :happy:

Major disappointment that she did not weigh me as I wanted praise for the stone and a half loss! (ha ha so needy)

She offered me a pneumonia injection, anyone know if that is a good thing or not?

Reactions: 4 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
A big WELL DONE !

Sometimes it's just best to grin and nod when dealing with healthcare professionals.

Reactions: 2 people

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I worry about this issue.

Great achievement btw Kate!!

If we keep nodding and agreeing are we not reinforcing bad advice given by nurses?

Reactions: 3 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
I worry about this issue.

Great achievement btw Kate!!

If we keep nodding and agreeing are we not reinforcing bad advice given by nurses?
I don't nod & agree I say " I wil take that under advisement" i.e. i will listen to what you say AND THEN go away and evaluate the info:woot:

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. Personally I had the pneumonia innoculation when it was offered to me. Having had pneumonia before, and as a life-long asthmatic, I never want it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

SueB743

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, great to know people have helped but ultimately you were the person to put things into practice and turn into success. Great weight loss too, really pleased for you

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done! :)

Regarding the pneumonia jab, I was offered it, and was told that it protects from about 30 strains. I asked how many strains are recognised, and the answer was 90+. So, I decided not to bother.