Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
I have serve asthma what are you taking for your COPD. Steroids both inhealed or tablets can rise blood sugar.
I take steroids now and again for Asbestos plaques and inflamed lungs, along with antibiotics. Only take them for 7 days and then have 6 weeks break,

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have servre asthma what are you taking for your COPD. Steroids both inhealed or tablets can rise blood sugar.
Also take three inhalers,ie ventolin,Symbicort,Ticotropium. Also now on Beneflorizine.

Last edited by a moderator:

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have servre asthma what are you taking for your COPD. Steroids both inhealed or tablets can rise blood sugar.
Steroids,Antibiotics 3 inhalers,Bendroflumethiozide and what's on my profile.

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steroids,Antibiotics 3 inhalers,Bendroflumethiozide and what's on my profile.
my father also takes some variation of the medications you are on including Ramipril, Crestor, Bumetenide,Plavix,Tamsulosin, Seretide, Flixotide, Singulair, the occasional Ventolin etc & others like Bisoprolol, Norvasc, Euthyrox,Allopurinol,Coralan...stopped pantoprazole, ganaton, imdex, furosemide/spironolactone/slo-k combo & vasteral some time back...so i am familiar with the pharma slog..

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I take steroids now and again for Asbestos plaques and inflamed lungs, along with antibiotics. Only take them for 7 days and then have 6 weeks break,
I am on seritide ventolin atrovent singular theophiline methatrexate and prednesolone for my asthma and insulatard 10 units am 8units pm for my diabetes

Merrylizard1314

my father also takes some variation of the medications you are on including Ramipril, Crestor, Bumetenide,Plavix,Tamsulosin, Seretide, Flixotide, Singulair, the occasional Ventolin etc & others like Bisoprolol, Norvasc, Euthyrox,Allopurinol,Coralan...stopped pantoprazole, ganaton, imdex, furosemide/spironolactone/slo-k combo & vasteral some time back...so i am familiar with the pharma slog..

I was talking to a medico the other day, about the numbers of medications that some folk have to take, to keep well, and he made the remark that it is not unusual to be prescribed one medication for each decade.!!
The danger of side effects and dosage muddles must be high. One of my aged relatives used regularly to spill all his pills out of a Websterpack, or similar,and we would find him putting all the like colours together, in the compartments, e.g., four blue for Tuesday, three pink for Wednesday etc. It was really scary.

Reactions: 4 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning and 4.3 when I got home from work at 18.30

Reactions: 25 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was talking to a medico the other day, about the numbers of medications that some folk have to take, to keep well, and he made the remark that it is not unusual to be prescribed one medication for each decade.!!
The danger of side effects and dosage muddles must be high. One of my aged relatives used regularly to spill all his pills out of a Websterpack, or similar,and we would find him putting all the like colours together, in the compartments, e.g., four blue for Tuesday, three pink for Wednesday etc. It was really scary.

Absolutely. It is a major concern for the geriatric population. we have tried to reduce as many meds as possible because of his fragile kidneys. slight advantage is that my sister is a doctor who also has a PhD in Pharmacology so is very particular about his medications/side effects/interactions.

Reactions: 2 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
FBG 75 mg/dl or 4.16 mmoles/l and Ketones 4.0 mmoles/l Before bedtime 83 mg/dl or 4.61 mmoles/l and Ketones 3.5 mmoles/l

Reactions: 20 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Good morning all
This morning 4.8 so it's looking good today ;)

Reactions: 26 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice low 4.5 today. I did have a particularly tiring game of 5 a side last night which probably helped :)

Reactions: 23 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Status
Not open for further replies.